Used 2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dart model:

Bad car
By Eugenia Darlingtina Afari

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the car last year July and as we speak it’s at the mechanic.this is the 7th time going to the mechanic because the TRANSMISSION is bad bad bad bad. I Hate the car

Too Bad they don't make them any more !
By John

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

First, they are not mase new anymore. My 2013 Dodge Dart has been great reliable car. I now have 48,000 miles on it. Other than replacing tires and changing oil, I have no unexpected expenses on this car. If they continued to build them, I would have bought another one.

Do. Not. Buy.
By Biggestmistake

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

It was probably the worst decision of my young life, buying this car. It's my second car. I bought the car brand new and the problems started within the first month. It has only 30,000 miles on it. Never in an accident. A few scratches due to trying to pry the fuel door open because it freezes shut. But in good physical shape.

Started with tire problems. I blew a tire on a pot hole that any decent tire should have handled with no problem. I live in Michigan so granted, our roads are terrible but you get really good at playing the pot hole game. You know the one where you swerve to avoid the big ones, hold your breath when you go over bad ones, and cringe every time I hit even a tiny pot hole. In the few short years that I've had it I've had to replace THREE tires due to them blowing out. Numerous patch jobs. I was told over and over that it wasn't possible to put "non low profile" tires put on so I just had to deal.

That's just the beginning. Within the first few months the electrical problems started. First the touch screen would just restart every so often....software update fixes that for a while. It started doing it again.
I also just dealt with that as long as it would come back on. Which it did. Until it didn't.

My heat and ac made weird noises that no one could figure out.

My odometer started flashing one day and would t stop. The mileage would go up as normal but it would just flash. Nothing else on my dash would blink. Headlights wouldn't turn on a few days later. The fog, daytime, and brights worked so the bulbs weren't burnt out. Rear lights were normal. The best part? This winter it started shutting off completely every time my ABS would kick on. Again, I live in Michigan. It's icy and this car is a POS. But the car would start right back up on its own a split second later.

Took it to the dealership and was told that basically the car wasn't recognizing the electrical system or something like that. Okay made enough sense to me.

A little less then a month later, I go to start my car this morning and it starts up fine. But my whole center counsel wouldn't work. I could use my Bluetooth via my phone itself but the screen was black. I could control the volume by the steering wheel controls but the physical knob did nothing. My heat was on full blast (I didn't leave it on full blast) and I couldn't turn it down/off because that knob was also not working.

I was told that in order to even figure out what was wrong with it, I'd have to replace the whole center counsel. Because guess what? That's how they diagnose the electrical problem. That would cost almost $2000 (not including labor) Just to replace it. Then there's still the matter of finding and fixing the problem on top of that $2000 + rental car.

I decided it wasn't worth it because I've long been looking into my options financially to get rid of this thing. Had it appraised at the dealership and guess how much its worth.

$5000. It was a deal to even get that trade in value. Yesterday it would have been worth $7000+ to trade in with the working screen. Even with the problems it was having. So go ahead and do that math. Needless to say, I signed the lease for a new car today.

The Dart scored a bullseye!
By Mark

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Dodge discontinued the model in 2016. Too bad.

Dodge Dart Limited