Used 2000 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews

Used Dakota for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
1...56789...23

Pros
Cons

FUN!!

JA, 05/05/2016
R/T Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

Worst and BEST truck I have ever owned. Purchased in 2003, sold in 2008 as trade in for less of a Beast. 4 sets of tires, and numerous tickets had to let it go. After I made all the modes I wanted, not diving into the engine itself, I had a real runner. Would smoke any Honda trying to make a run at me on the H3, Honolulu, HI with so much torque. Just loved hearing them grabbing lower gears thinking they could catch me. Pegged speedometer once in WA state on a super long back road, and still had 2 grand to go (never did that again scared me so bad). Replaced entire front/rear suspension with polyurethane bushing and KYB shocks, did so because the Dodge's were notorious for ball joint failure. That turned the truck into go-cart like handling, stiffening up the suspension all the way around. Engine wise: Throttle body plate, cold air intake, stainless steel headers (kept single pipe out), high flow cat, high flow muffler, Mopar performance computer, 165 degree thermostat, 8mm spark plug wires, platinum spark plugs, and MSD 6a digital ignition. I still think about that truck all the time and wish I never got rid of it........why? Oh, my reasoning above, but why?

Unique and Hard To beat

BestinNaperville, 10/29/2002
Sport 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Have had for 3 years. Love this vehicle. There isn't anything much faster on the road for both passing and off the line car or truck. A Viper beat me once. Engine is just now breaking in, so it is even smoother after 3 years. Gas mileage could be better, but SUV's are much worse. Intense Blue will make this a collectors vehicle some day. Was hard to find and very few built this way. Quality is better than I expected. Dealer has taken care of any problems, and is very courteous. Could use a better left foot rest for long drives. 4WD is awesome in snow ! And great in rain.

Great Truck!

wickesser, 02/26/2002
Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

Would by this truck again. Best review you can give.

Front end issues

skibum616, 08/20/2003
SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Every thing is great but the front end of these trucks. At 89000 miles I had the upper driver side ball joing literally blow apart. The dealership, under my extended warranty, replaced all 4 ball joints on the truck and both upper control arms. After further investigation I found that Dodge Durangos from the years 1996 to 2000 are under investigation by the National Traffic and Highway Safety Administration for this problem. Also, the rotors on these trucks are undersized for the trucks weight. In the 95,000 miles I have had the truck the rotors have been replaced twice and I have replaced the front breaks 3 times.

So Far, So Good

fastcpa, 11/15/2003
SLT Plus 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

3+ years, 95 mile commute to work, many items hauled and/or towed, and no major problems. Change the oil and go.

1...56789...23