Used 2000 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews

Used Dakota for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...23

Pros
Cons

You get what you pay for!

texasgunrunner, 08/03/2002

My Dakota performs well in spite of how I abuse it. For a V8 4x4, the gas mileage acceptable. It has been extremely reliable - and I put 30K miles on it the first year!. The only serious issue was the AC clutch bearing failed, which I replaced myself. I did upgrade the cheesy factory front rotors. For all the other reviewers who bought the low-end versions econo- versions ("It lacks power with a 2.5L engine..." duh! it is a truck!) - you get what you pay for and you should have had a V8. This is no featherweight Nissan putt-putt - it is a real vehicle, so get a real engine and then we'll talk.

Great Buy

gwashy, 10/19/2006

I bought this vehicle for the utility of a truck, but what I got was a vehicle that handles great and has been a great buy for the money. Outside of a recall on the ball joints, I have not had any issues at all. A highly reliable vehicle that handles/performs well and is sporty. The V6 engine has plenty of get up and go and proves to have plenty of torque with a bed full of anything. The interior is comfortable, but can feel a bit "cheap". The interior components tend to move around in the assembled condition and do not fit snugly. Also, the dash features feel hollow and do not give a robust feel. With the interior my only concern, I am quite satisfied and would buy it again anyday.

Best American vehicle I ever had

dzerres, 10/29/2007

This truck has had no mechanical issues for the 7 years I've owned it (it was recalled for ball joints which they replaced but were not worn). My only regret is not having bought the 4 door version and not bothered with the camper shell.

Fantastic Little Truck

Good Truck, 10/26/2007

This is my second 4wd with a v8 and it has not dissapointed. I will always buy Dodge trucks from now on. I pull a 6000lb boat with no trouble at all.

best truck

mydakota, 03/20/2008

my father was going to sell it but instead he gave it to me and i've had only minor problems with it, it has a great engine and sounds great with the flowmasters i had put in, love my truck and wouldn't trade it for the world...

12345...23