Used 2011 Dodge Charger Sedan Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Short Term Delight
By HopeForRWD

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought an R/T plus with all the options used in 2013 with 32kmiles on it, based on the appeal of the styling, the power, and the convenience of a sedan. I got plenty of compliments on the looks of the car, and riders were impressed with the comfort and features. However, reliability was a question from day one, so extended warranty was a must and it paid off. The car's performance and features are great but the quality is just not there. The ownership experience gets old quickly as time, recalls, and repeat repairs start piling up. The engine is great but the 5-speed transmission does not downshift promptly to let the engine shine. There's plenty of power but the transmission manages to disappoint with its slow response. At times the car felt lethargic. Not what you would expect on a muscle car. I can see how the new 8-speed can vastly improve the performance. Cornering and braking are a whole different matter. The ESC has to work hard to keep the car from snapping if you push it hard. It's really not a great handling car. You can tell agility is compromised to have a tolerable ride. Brakes are ok on emergency stops but undersized for the weight of the car. Brake pads never quite got fully burnished and vibration was overwhelming when braking at moderate speeds. This problem is common to Chargers and Challengers, and no amount of disc resurfacing or proper pad burnishing would make it go away. Then the alternator diode thermal fatigue issue hit me when the car shut down and nearly caught fire. Luckily this happened right after leaving my driveway. The recall (one of several i had during 5 years of ownership) was out with no fix at the time so a new alternator was put in. I loved this car for the first few years, but I'm glad it's gone now. I still own a Jeep Grand Cherokee that has had it's own share of recalls and quality issues. Once that car hits the end of the extended warranty, it will take a lot of improvement for me to consider another FCA product in the future.

Great car
By Chris V

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car is fantastic in all aspects, if u want the whole package you must get the R/T MAX .

Not a long term car
By Alfie Williams

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

It was a great car that I fell in love with for the first two years. After that I realized that the car had already lost almost 50% of it' value. This car also has 10 recalls on it. After I reached 90,000 miles is when all hell broke loose on the repairs. The had to replace the head gaskets, oil cooler pump and had already been through 8 recalls. The latest recall has shut my car down due to the alternator problem. Now they want me to pay for the repairs and submit to get reimbursement for a recall on the alternator. I have never ever heard of paying for a repair when there is a recall on the part. The car completely shut down on me without warning while I was on the road. If I was on the highway I would have had a accident because the ar lost all power out of nowhere. If you want a used car I suggest you do not buy a 2011 Doge Charger or any of there cars. They have the worst service and poor customer service.

A great car
By bbfd86

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Charger R/T Max AWD in 2011. This car has just now had its first service issues after 3-1/2 years and 66K miles. The check engine light came on and the blind spot feature is only working intermittently. I am sure my Dodge dealership will fix these problems tomorrow. This car is really fun to drive and is very safe. With the AWD and snow tires it has no problem handling the tough Upstate NY winter conditions of snow and ice. Still going strong at 120K miles.

A lot of car for the money
By gtfo

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a brand-new 2011 Dodge Charger 3.6L V6 Rallye Plus, and it has 29,300 miles.

There were 3 recalls:
1. Front-door handles - handles' seals failed to block out the rain, causing a short-circuit, making passive-entry feature unusable.
2. ABS/Stability Control fuses - potential overheating of the fuses/fusebox, and not work.
3. Halogen (not HID) headlight wire harness - potential overheating of harness, and light not work.
All recalls done free.
Repairs took 2-4 hours each.
But, I've experienced NONE of the 3 potential problems.

Comfortable, appropriate power, good handling for big car, reliable, good car overall.