Used 2016 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

A Lot Of Bang For Your Buck
By Barry

2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought my 2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack in October 2016 with 450 miles on the odometer. With the exception of my backup camera going bad at 2000 miles the car has had no real problems. The car is like a boat but it handles quite well and far better than one might expect. The big thirsty 6.4 liter engine is powerful and you'll find yourself stopping at the gas station quite frequently if you drive the car the way it was meant to be driven - fast! But then who buys an R/T Scat Pack for it's gas milage? Interior wise there is an abundance of hard plastics which is pretty much the norm for most cars built today. My major complaint is the rear tailight section which is cheap plastic and can be easily scratched. Lots of cost cutting on Dodge's part. It's hard to believe even the expensive Hellcat get's the same cheap plastic lights in the back. Ride quality with the Bilstein suspension is poor in my opinion and quite stiff and over bumpy roads it can be annoying. If you prefer a softer ride buy the R/T with the 5.7 Hemi. On the plus side are the four piston Brembo brakes which are excellent. Also, the active exhaust sounds great with it's bark at startup and it's burbles when accelerating. A good muscle car that could still need improvement but can hold it's own against most Mustang 5.0, Camaro SS, and various BMW's. The Alpine sound system is decent but has no CD player. Apparently Dodge has done away with offering a CD player in their cars after the 2014 models. Chevy has also done away with offering a CD player in their cars. You can still get one in most Ford models.

The Beast
By Art Scott

2016 Dodge Challenger 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)

I had flowmaster 40 mufflers installed along with a larger air intake. Also, I had the resonators removed. Now the acceleration is quicker & more responsive. The sound of the exhaust is what I always wanted, threatening but not obnoxious. The size is better then the Mustang & Camaro, which I enjoy.

In LOVE with my Challenger!
By Alex K

2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I hadn't purchased a new car in almost a decade. My old car had been paid off for several years, and while I really loved not having a car payment, I started getting the itch to finally have something new to drive. I've been in loves with the looks of the Challenger since they rolled these out back in '08. On a vacation a couple of years ago, the rental car place didn't have a convertible for me after I had reserved one, so they let me take my pick of any other car they had on the lot. Naturally, I took the black Challenger I saw, and fell in love. This year, I started casually looking at them online and floated the idea of buying one to my wife. After initially being resistant, she gave her blessing. Based on my budget, I realized that I could either buy a brand new SXT base model, or I could buy a gently used one with all the bells and whistles that I really wanted. After hunting around for about a month, I saw a listing pop up for a 2016 SXT Plus with the Super Track Pack and cold weather option package at a dealership right down the street from my house. I made an appointment to go look and it was all I could do not to dance a jig when I saw it. It was THE car I wanted. The pearl white paint, spoiler, 20" rims SO much nicer than the stock base rims. The 8.4" touchscreen, leather, heated seats, vented seats, 276w Alpine sound system, the track pack with all of the awesome functions, paddle shifters, the upgraded brakes, suspension, and tires. One test drive and I was over the moon. Two small nitpicks: a moonroof would have been ideal, and I *really* wish I had the Android auto integration. i didn't realize that wasn't built in until the 2017 models and it would be nice to have. I've had the car 3 months now and I still break into a huge smile every time I fire it up. The ride is so smooth and comfortable. I've taken a few 2-3 hour road trips and it's like sitting in my favorite recliner. Would it be cool to have the V8? Sure. But this is still by far the ballsiest car I've ever owned. Acceleration is darn good, but where you really notice it is when you're passing on the highway, when you're already going 60+ it still takes off like an absolute rocket. Sounds system is the best sounding Bluetooth that I've heard in a car, and I'm kind of an audio quality snob (sad this is the first car I have owned with no CD player!) LOVE LOVE LOVE MY CHALLENGER

I love this car
By Bill Gomola

2016 Dodge Challenger SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

My only complaint is that the radio will not shut off. Automatically turns on when the car is started. All u can do is turn the volume down. I wish it would shut off. 2 dealers told me this is how the car was designed. I also wish the radio was louder. It needs a power booster. Other that that I adore the car. Great value $22700 OTD. Thank god the designers at mopar are doing the retro thing. Not everybody wants a boring 4 door family car or mini van. Now mopar bring back the super bird or Daytona with a shaker hood. In plum crazy.

Dealer Rip-off
By Cal

2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Watch out for the dealers they try to rip you off on warranty policy, they want to extend at too high a cost and not through Dodge and they will try and slip in all kind of extra's you don't need. LOL