Used 2016 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

The Beast
By Art Scott

2016 Dodge Challenger 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)

I had flowmaster 40 mufflers installed along with a larger air intake. Also, I had the resonators removed. Now the acceleration is quicker & more responsive. The sound of the exhaust is what I always wanted, threatening but not obnoxious. The size is better then the Mustang & Camaro, which I enjoy.

In LOVE with my Challenger!
By Alex K

2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I hadn't purchased a new car in almost a decade. My old car had been paid off for several years, and while I really loved not having a car payment, I started getting the itch to finally have something new to drive. I've been in loves with the looks of the Challenger since they rolled these out back in '08. On a vacation a couple of years ago, the rental car place didn't have a convertible for me after I had reserved one, so they let me take my pick of any other car they had on the lot. Naturally, I took the black Challenger I saw, and fell in love. This year, I started casually looking at them online and floated the idea of buying one to my wife. After initially being resistant, she gave her blessing. Based on my budget, I realized that I could either buy a brand new SXT base model, or I could buy a gently used one with all the bells and whistles that I really wanted. After hunting around for about a month, I saw a listing pop up for a 2016 SXT Plus with the Super Track Pack and cold weather option package at a dealership right down the street from my house. I made an appointment to go look and it was all I could do not to dance a jig when I saw it. It was THE car I wanted. The pearl white paint, spoiler, 20" rims SO much nicer than the stock base rims. The 8.4" touchscreen, leather, heated seats, vented seats, 276w Alpine sound system, the track pack with all of the awesome functions, paddle shifters, the upgraded brakes, suspension, and tires. One test drive and I was over the moon. Two small nitpicks: a moonroof would have been ideal, and I *really* wish I had the Android auto integration. i didn't realize that wasn't built in until the 2017 models and it would be nice to have. I've had the car 3 months now and I still break into a huge smile every time I fire it up. The ride is so smooth and comfortable. I've taken a few 2-3 hour road trips and it's like sitting in my favorite recliner. Would it be cool to have the V8? Sure. But this is still by far the ballsiest car I've ever owned. Acceleration is darn good, but where you really notice it is when you're passing on the highway, when you're already going 60+ it still takes off like an absolute rocket. Sounds system is the best sounding Bluetooth that I've heard in a car, and I'm kind of an audio quality snob (sad this is the first car I have owned with no CD player!) LOVE LOVE LOVE MY CHALLENGER

I love this car
By Bill Gomola

2016 Dodge Challenger SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

My only complaint is that the radio will not shut off. Automatically turns on when the car is started. All u can do is turn the volume down. I wish it would shut off. 2 dealers told me this is how the car was designed. I also wish the radio was louder. It needs a power booster. Other that that I adore the car. Great value $22700 OTD. Thank god the designers at mopar are doing the retro thing. Not everybody wants a boring 4 door family car or mini van. Now mopar bring back the super bird or Daytona with a shaker hood. In plum crazy.

Dealer Rip-off
By Cal

2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Watch out for the dealers they try to rip you off on warranty policy, they want to extend at too high a cost and not through Dodge and they will try and slip in all kind of extra's you don't need. LOL

392 srt is the car for me!
By Tiger B.

2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 392 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)

This car is fast and comfortable it is decent on gas mileage. It is everything that you want and a sports car. Even the handling is better than what most people say In my opinion. The negatives are The Harman kardon sound system is ridiculous it has so much bass back you cannot properly calibrate the sound you like. Also because the base is so strong the speakers rattle and I can't stand it. Next the head rest is useless it is too far back to be used. Finally I get a rubbing noise in the rear in when I turn hard white or left I have yet to get the dealer to figure out what the Noise Is. Other than that the car is great aim I recommend the SRT model for total fun and excitement.