Used 2014 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

My sheep in wolf's clothing
By Charles J. Cates

2014 Dodge Challenger SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2014 Challenger SXT plus I bought used with 3400 miles on it. The owner was facing hip replacement surgery and traded it on a Dodge Durango R/T. The car is snappy for a V-6 with 305 HP. Back in my youth 300 horsepower was a big deal and you generally had to have 300 cubes or more to acheve that. I did not like the stock exhaust, (it sounded like a Stratus) so I replaced it with aftermarket glass packs. Not a V-8 rumble, but a nice throaty growl now. The package included leather and looks great, The plastics are a bit hard and cheaper looking, but this is the base model after all. The package also includes black 5 spoke wheels. I fail to understand the carping about handling, It's not a rocket on rails, but handles quite well, for a large, heavy car.I live in the Allegheny Mountains in South central PA and have lots of opportunities to drive it on the "twistys". I am currently having a worrisome issue with the check engine light coming on in a steady fashion that will need addressed after Labor Day. So I won't be driving it until it is rectified. But make no mistake , I love the Challenger. People still admire the car,I get lots of looks and thumbs up. ( It's the car, not me :-))

Four years of driving pleasure.
By Bill M

2014 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I had a problem with the brakes - warped rotors - that didn't become noticeable until after the warranty expired. Other than that, the car was a great daily driver and gave me 30,000 miles of fun driving. Loved the entertainment and blue tooth. One of the best cars I've owned.

Cool looking car
By Drew D

2014 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)

I really like the Challenger. The 5 speed automatic seems like it is always searching for a gear at lower speeds. Within the 1st 50,000 miles, many components failed such as steering angle indicator, blender motor, and light switch.

American Muscle and classic styling
By Jim Duke

2014 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Comfortable, fun, and fast, great around corners.

Great but huge
By amelia s.

2014 Dodge Challenger SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

There is nothing bad I can say about this car. I loved how it drove, rode, how it felt safe. My main and only issue was that it doesn’t have good visibility when reversing which a back up camera would help. Mine didn’t have one. And that it’s a big car so navigating it down the tint neighborhood streets of Los Angeles was a pain. But otherwise it’s a great safe, fast, and dope looking car.