Used 2006 Dodge Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Caravan for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Sounds like a bird

sad, 06/14/2006

I got this van in November it had 6 miles on it. Brand new! And the bird noise started then. I thought it was just the newness and would stop after I drove it a while. But, it didn't. I've had it in the shop just about every month. They have replaced the belt and have put on a new pully, they even used duck tape (that worked for a while..longer than anything). I don't like the looks from people as I drive down the road. I do like my van I just don't want the noise. It's going back to the dealer today to see what they think. I'd like to know if anyone else has had this problem.

MY Dodge caravan is crap

Mike, 11/09/2015
SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the 2006 SXT new in 07 just after they got rid of the 100,000 mile warranty, dealer stated because the dodge caravan vans were built much better with fewer problems "yeah right" The vehicle drove OK up to 70.000 miles with routine maintenance, accept for the automatic doors, poor design wire kept breaking. After that The transmission 2,200 rebuilt went due to a faulty over heated converter was on the recalled list but we were never notified but dodge replace it only converter thanks. ECM electrical board went 1,800 AC starter, alternator twice, breaks disk drums, tie rods , front and rear struts 3,000, oil change every 3,000 miles but is burning oil ( maybe or seal PVC val) A/C e-vap unit but we were able to get that fixed for a small fee 100.00 recall ya! Over all with the money we have had to put into caravan I am giving it a two starts over all. The good stow and go, good acceleration, when need it rides smooth if nothing is going on it. Ok in the snow. I should have dump this car after 70,000 miles when the transmission went was a sign this only good up that. I have rear review where people have done well with there's but mine was built on Monday. I will not buy another Dodge due to this bad experience after all said and done 1119, 000 miles we have spent 37,000 dollars over all 24,500 for the vehicle and over all the maintenance and repairs again thanks Dodge.

Uh oh

pigeons, 03/26/2006

This thing is great to drive. solid on the road, fast, quiet, efficient. It is just really nice to drive. But it breaks down all the time. Dealer assured us that Dodge had fixed the notorious transmission problems associated with Caravans.

Like my caravan

Bryan, 11/19/2018
SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

13 years old. First owner of the car. Regularly maintenance. Oil and filter change by myself. Long travels and daily drive. Highway and local. Worry free in shine or snow. Just like it. Glad to buy it.

Lemon

fedupowner, 11/10/2010

This car should be called the Dodge Random; everything simply works randomly. Doors, windows, locks, engine - you never know from day to day when things will work. Expensive repairs to make them work are only temporary. Scary to roll a window down not knowing if you will ever get it up, or even if the van will start. Many many problems with this van - please do not invest your money here!

low repair costs

bart25, 11/25/2011

its not the most reliable, but its cheap to fix, if you're a do-it-yourselfer and make the repairs yourself its the best you can own, parts are dirt cheap for the Caravan

Lemon of the Year Dodge Caravan SXT 2006

Bart Tur, 07/28/2015
SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Major problems with the braking system. Axel failed at 14k. Rack & Pinion failed 23k. 5 Alternators replaced last 9 years. Major engine problems, water pump 38k, head light cheaply made. Poor Fuel. Transmission failed 59k, Radiator replaced 61k. Great for taking kids to the park but after extended warranty expires you need a bank. Thank you Chrysler. These van have braking issue due to bad clapier pin not retracking. One final note, The heater cores are known to fail around 100k. My van is currently 95,. Never will I buy a DODGE /CHRYSLER. I am done. Close up shop guys.

Pretty nice little van.

Reid Benham, 08/04/2006

Nice to drive, wish it gave better gas mileage. Driver's seat is difficult to move back and forth. No defects in material or workmanship. In 6,600 miles I have changed the oil twice and rotated the tires, not bad for American Iron.

Glad we bought it

Geri, 10/07/2005

We've only had the van for a couple of weeks. The gas mileage did work out to be 26 on the highway and 20 in city. The pick up on the highway was much better then expected for a 4 cyl. It runs like a 6 cyl. The bench seats are easy to remove and change around. Plenty of leg room (front and back) and comfortable ride for long trips if you're in the bucket seat in front. We do have the tinted glass windows. This is a must with the way the wind shield is being so large and angled. Your legs do get warm even with the tint. We would recommend this van for anyone on budget that needs a van. It is affordable and perfect for the homeowner that does dry wall.

Mechanical Lemon, Regret Buying

chrzanow, 01/05/2012

This car is a LEMON. 70,000 miles entire navigation and panel unit failed. 100,000 miles alternator died, transmission aux unit blew out, radiator failed, lots of oil leaks. 120,000 miles another alternator died, retractable doors fail, plastic parts on stow and go seats failed causing seat frame to not stow, cooling system leaking, and now warning lights keep coming on and off (ABS, airbag, etc) for no reason. This car is junk. I will NEVER buy a Dodge product again. I should have learned with my 1998 Caravan. That car’s transmission blew out at 100,000. Now at 150,000 the computer keeps dying and not allowing the car to start.

51050