Used 2006 Dodge Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Caravan for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Number 5

RichD, 01/03/2006

Our fifth Dodge Minivan and the best by far! Love the seats and stow and go storage! Could use more power.

My 4th Caravan

Maureen, 02/26/2006

I have always loved Dodge Caravans and this one is no exception. It offers a smooth classy ride.

The #1 Minivan In america

baron, 08/06/2005

The Dodge Caravan is a reliable minivan. It's the best selling in America. Every time it comes out with an idea, it's copied by another company like stow,n,go.The Honda Oddesey may be a good vehicle but it dosent sell like a Caravan does. Dodge invented the minivan, so why does Honda or Toyota think they can make a better minivan. Whenever the fifth generation of Caravan comes out it's gonna get the whole public. They don't know what dodge has up its sleeves.

4 Cylinder Works Great!

Mark Weber, 11/22/2005

I only have 270 miles on this brand new van - I will update in 6 months and adjust "reliability" and "fuel economy" ratings then. Quite frankly, I am pleasantly surprised that a 4 cylinder engine can motivate this minivan the way that it does, and I expect much better gas mileage than I would have gotten with the 6. I am also surprised how much this drives like a passenger car - albeit a large passenger car - with confident, predictable handling. It is sure a lot quieter than the Focus I traded in! Pricing couldn't be beat either, cheaper than a midsized car and cheaper than many compacts, too.

First Time Mini Owner

Ted D,, 03/06/2006

Great ride. Smooth and very comfortable. Very steady steering and responsive handling. Plenty of power. Form, fit and function excellent. First time Dodge owner and minivan owner. Only question at this point is why I waited.

Uncomfortable Ride

dave, 03/22/2006

This new Caravan is the 6th one I have owned ranging back to 1985. It is by far the worst riding vehicle that I have ever owned. The suspension is so tight that it picks up every little imperfection on any road. The ride is so bad I actually took it back to the dealer for service but the technicians said, "This is something you would not expect from a new vehicle but everything checks out as normal." The 1999 Caravan I traded in with 114,000 miles actually road better than this 2006 vehicle. I test drove three versions of this vehicle and they were all the same. I purchased this vehicle because of the great deal I was offered hoping the ride would get better. After 2000 miles it hasn't.

A basic people hauler

Duff, 06/09/2006

Performance is fair to good. Acceleration from a stop is mediocre, but at highway speed passing acceleration is very good. Ride is good and comfort is very good. The standard Caravan is more reliable than the Grand Caravan (backed up by Consumer Reports), probably because it has fewer creature comforts. If you are looking for a basic people hauler that is also comfortable for long trips, gets decent mileage (better than the larger engine of the Grand Caravan), is fun to drive and nice looking, the Caravan is a solid choice.

Great

speeking9, 11/20/2007

I love the Caravan, my second one. Handles great and rides like a Cadilac. Great heater for Alaska winters at 40 below and starts very easy cold temps. The Caravan is the best auto I have ever had by far and I have had a lot cars of all brands and not one has ever met the reliability the Caravan has.

First Minivan I can say I LOVE to drive!

Soccer Dad, 04/11/2008

Great ride and handling, and sleek styling. Lots of head and leg room for front passengers over 6 ft tall.

Still STRONG after 13 years

JIM GESSNER, 02/24/2019
SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd DODGE CARAVAN. I bought a 1998 used in 2000. It had 170,000 pls miles when it was side swiped by a lady sending a text message. I bought this 2006 STX full option new from a dealer friend new in California. It has 131,000 miles and has served me well these last 13 years. Many miles were driven from and to my old home state California to Oregon, Arizona, Texas [ many times], Michigan, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, I have changed oil and filter every 3500-4500 miles. Flushed trans fluid twice., coolant once. The radiator failed in 2017 at 125,000 miles. Another weak item is the RACK and Pinion steering. I have replaced the rack twice, and now I DRAIN AND FLUSH the power steering fluid every 2nd oil change. I have just purchased my 3rd set of tires. I purchased two sets of brake pads and rotors. And for satety, replaced the calipers also on the last brake job, complete front and rear. Last week, replaced the front struts and springs and rear shocks. WOW, What a difference. Rides like a new car. This model has power doors and rear hatch [ all three ] driver side motor went out at 51000 miles, and the dealer replaced no charge. I am handicapped and use a Pride GO-GO three wheel electic scooter which I carry in the back. I use a power hoist to put it in and out the vehicle since 2007. I have thought of selling the van, but can not find a suitable replacement under $35000, so I will keep driving this car. The 3.8 V6 runs well with one major tune up to date.

51050