Used 2006 Dodge Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Caravan for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Grand Caravan

Daniel Brown, 08/24/2005

I have been less than pleased witht the performance of this vehicle. Steering is loose and out of control when traveling on curvy roads. Dodge still uses rocker switches for windows, children have been killed using these things. They have put them on a vertical surface which increases safety, however it also decreases ergonomics. Airconditioner and radio controls are too low and force the driver to look down, nearly to the floorboard. The power sliding doors are also in need of improvement. Setting these things aside, the van drives well on straight roads and the stow and go seating is a good idea, however the seats are uncomfortable.

am so glad i traded this for a honda!

caris75, 02/04/2011

so i got the base SE when it was new for a good price--very basic, meaning roll your own windows down, no keyless entry etc.. power was so-so for regular town driving and terrible on the highway, noisy and no pickup!so car was ok for about 50k then we saw oil leaking all over our driveway! it neede towing to a garage and a 3K repair (crankshaft). luckily we had an extended warranty--but we still paid almost 500 dollars and had a rental car for a week. after this experience and not being so thrilled w/ the car we just traded it for a preowned Odyssey (ironically of the same year). what a difference! the odyssey so far is awesome, i would advise anyone to avoid any all caravans...

Not, so good

gavalladares, 01/30/2009

This is not a real good car, I thought It will start to break down after five years of the date was built. I got a 2006 and it's down already. I had 14 months since I got it, and I'm disappointed with it. I believe the problem I got now it has to do with the ignition coil, the other problem, I had it with the "check engine" light, The mechanic said it was the catalytic converter. The paint job is not very good, the back seat is uncomfortable, the interior materials used are cheap. The engine lacks torque. You can't expect more of it. You have to drive it with care. The back seats are uncomfortable.

2006 Dodge Caravan

al p, 04/20/2009

Second minivan I have had from Chrysler - bought it used with 28k kms (19000 miles). Quality seems good but mileage is terrible -3.3 litre is averaging 12 mpg in city and 16mpg on highway ( have translated to US gallons). It has been back to dealer who changed sensor but still the same - they just shrugged when I told them unacceptable. Van is not being driven fast nor rough. HWY is 60-65 mph. Mileage is no comparison to previous 1993 Caravan 3.3 litre.

Very good vehicle

CassM, 07/09/2009

Very few problems at 39,000 miles. All minor. Great ride. Cant complain, after 3.5 years. I expected much worse, from reading 'expert' reviews before I bought the vehicle.

After 1.5 years

Carlos, 01/24/2008

Reliable and build quality like a Lexus. Well put together, no problems, no leaks, nothing has broken or fallen- off. Never less than 20.5 mpg with my V- 6.

My first and last Chrysler

No More DCX!, 08/17/2005

I got this home from the dealer less than two weeks ago. I've been back twice due to suspension mishaps from the factory.

Number 4

P Sosnoski, 10/20/2005

This is our 4th Minivan and best yet. Love the DVD player and Stow n Go seating. Dealer was great, our 3 from them. This is much quieter than our 2000 Grand Caravan. No problems so far, and gas mileage is improving weekly (thank god!!)....about 23mpg mixed.

First Dodge

Chris B, 10/22/2005

I wanted a Sienna, my husband wanted to save money. Wasn't even going to look at a Dodge but dealer allowed husband to bring it home overnight and I fell in love with it, we bought it next day! Kids love the DVD, I love the seating position and smooth ride.

Exceeded my expectations

Tonya S., 12/26/2005

I am very pleased with my Caravan. I love the ride and the handling. Not much I would improve except my husband hates the seat belt chimes that require you to buckle up before it stops beeping. Plenty of room for our family and has all the features I needed. I would buy one again. Best vehicle I have ever owned.

51050