Used 1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

It still runs great, because....
By PF

1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

These Chrysler vans have one big problem. It's poor quality solder they used throughout the vehicle. If you pull the dash apart, and resolder everything (heater control wires, instrument cluster, radio speakers, etc.), they suddenly becomes great vehicles again. I picked mine up for a thousand bucks, and it now runs as good as a new one. Mine has the 3.8 V-6, and it's still awesome. I did have a shop change the rear spark plugs and wires for me, however, because at age 62, I am no longer willing to be a contortionist. Edmunds asked me to update this a year later. It's still running strong with minor stuff going sour. The oil pressure sensor gets frozen every morning in this Montana weather, and an annoying alarm goes off until it warms up. The sliding doors often freeze shut until it warms up, too. Wishing for Spring.

lemon
By Di

1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

This has been the biggest lemon i have ever had! the tranny went at 137 thousand miles,everything has been replaced from the brain to the brake pedal light switch more then once. and ive on 20 thousand miles on it since i got it at 137 thousand miles. Will never own one of these again

It's been there for us
By paul

1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

I bought it in '97 w/ 47k on it--I've had to replace 2 trannies one @75k and another @ 140k and I still like this van, 13 yrs old and still gets 18 mpg avg year round 26+ on the interstate-- I'll drive it 'til it keels over!

Has a comfy interior- handles great- Infinity sound is nice

nothing major

my minivan
By Jeanne

1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

i love my minivan, i use it for both business and pleasure, fishing, camping and pulling my boat too , i love it.

bought 1 year ago at an auction
By fairybella18

1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan ES 4dr Minivan

I have been blessed with this van, I have had no problems, and just hit 200,000 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cup holders are in a good place, the air vent to give cool or heat in the back is awesome

none