Used 2000 Daewoo Nubira Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Nubira for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Wow, what a car!

robsawriter, 06/14/2008

I bought this car used from a friend. I had no idea that what I was getting would be so fun to drive, get such great fuel economy and these days with the price of gas hitting records each day, it is a bonus to own this car.

165,650 and still going strong

sinclair_00, 03/09/2011

11 years and 165,650 miles later, and I still love my Daewoo Nubira SE. It has not left me stranded, and has only overheated twice, once when my water pump died at 152,500, and then when the original radiator cracked at 162,350. Other than that just your basic repairs, if you take care of it it will return the favor. I really wish GM, Suzuki and the unknown third partner had bought the US division and kept it in business because it would have been nice to see where Daewoo could have gone in today’s market. Especially with the fuel prices of today. The best investment was swapping the bad Hancook tires for BF Goodrich Traction T/A tires; it has improved the ride, performance and MPG of the Nubira. This car is definitely a keeper, if not for a daily driver then for a perfect backup vehicle and will be used to the very end which according to my mechanic could quite possible be another 50,000+ miles.

I like my Nubira

txslingshot, 04/25/2002

When I bought my Nubira I had gone to all of the various dealers in the area without being impressed. Either the cars were too expensive, or were bargain basement no-frills junk. When I drove the Nubira, it was nothing like that. The little car has an exceptional ride, a reliable, very responsive engine and very confident road feel. This little car begs to be driven hard and has very few bad habits or quirks, AND the price was extremely low compared to other cars in it's class. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great little car.

My First Car

newh1323, 12/26/2008

I've driven dozens of cars since I've owned this one and I find enjoyment in it every time I take the wheel. It's very peppy from 0-40 mph but accelerates timidly after that. Using it as a delivery car has been smooth sailing and long road trips are easily tackled by this vehicle. It's kind of a rare car wherever you go and parts are nothing short of a scavenger hunt but with appropriate maintenance, the thing is a survivor. It has come with its share of problems though. The CD player and A/C had to be replaced a few years after purchase. Any other difficulties with the car have been due to low quality electrical parts (power windows). It's a respectable first-car to run into the ground.

the woowoo

jon daewoo, 12/30/2009

I got this used as a graduation car after driving it while in school. I've had very few problems with it beyond normal wear and tear. I consistently get outstanding mileage with it: I got over 40mpg coming back from TX to KS last winter. The "power" feature is nice for when you want a sportier feel/acceleration and for driving long, climbing stretches (lots of hills). Very comfortable to drive and handles great. The speaker system puts out impressive quality for being a smaller car. My only issue is an oil leak that is hard to fix because there are no dealers anymore.

Love the Daewoo

jimmie, 06/21/2010

In the 10 years I've owned my Nubira I've had only a handful of repairs that were needed, until this year. In Feb of this year a piece of the stainless steal exhaust system rusted out, and then 2 weeks ago the water pump dies, spraying Antifreeze on the timing belt, and then last Friday the Oil pump died. With the exception of those 2 things, and my A/C condenser rusting out, I would highly recommend this car to anyone. It now has 152,500 miles on it, and was bought brand new in 2000 with only 30 miles on it. It is still very comfortable on long trips both freeway and city, and has always started right up, no matter how cold the WI winters are. I wish GM kept this brand in business here.

2000 NUBIRA CDX

woo, 10/19/2002

I like driving my NUBIRA. I have had it for about 2 years and I really have not had any major problems. I have added a cold air intake to the car, and it has really boosted it's performance (not that it was bad).

i hate this car

shea, 11/07/2002

this is the worst mess i have ever gotten myself into i have had this "daewoo" for 2 years now and ive had nothin but trouble from it! the first few months i had it the silver around the door handles came off it's just plastic and it cuts your hands tring to get out!! the air cuts on and off and no one can tell me whats wrong wheni took it to get t fixed!! the stering colum is goin out they tell me now! you cant find parts anywhere!the cd player wont spit out the cd's!the handles in the inside 4 the gas and trunk wont open either one?! daewoo recalled the brakes hose which took 4ever to get! i have gone upside down because the company went bankrupt .

dont buy this car

Rebecca, 10/13/2002

i have this vehicle and let me tell you this, thus far there have been too many problems to list. the body and tires are NOT RELIABLE at all many problems

sucks

hehatedaewoobob, 01/24/2004

I would not wish this so called vehical on my worst enemy.No parts,waited two weeks to have faulty oil seal fixed,sensors going and did I mention no parts,hub caps peeling,tiers bald at 30,000 miles,gas cap and trunck release don,t work.very noisy at high speeds,fan very loud,no imean no resale or trade value.You better be driving this car untill you pay it off or swallow a lot of money.Did I mention no parts...

51050