Used 2000 Daewoo Lanos Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Daewoo Lanos Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lanos model:

It's NEVER in the shop! Most reliable car.
By JDuck

2000 Daewoo Lanos S 4dr Sedan

In 17 years, my 2000 Daewoo Lanos has never broken down. Never. Not once. I performed the recommended engine belt replacement (every 60K miles) and I change the oil every 8K miles or so if I remember. I have replaced the usual wear and tear items: like fluids and the battery, and also the alternator and tires occasionally. The only thing that ever actually went wrong was light inside the trunk went out after about 12 years. I know Daewoo is out of business and you rarely find Daewoos. But if you see one used, know it is a reliable car. Simple, cheap, but so very reliable. Any Japanese or Korean car repair place will be able to do the routine maintenance. It isn't a complicated car. But when they say they have never worked on a Daewoo before it is because they don't break down. Also a bonus - no one steals them for parts because there is no market for that. Hint: avoid red paint colors because those don't hold up as well as other colors. The only downside.

Awesome little car.
By Fred Meyer Jr.

2000 Daewoo Lanos SE 2dr Hatchback

Very economical, Seats get worn some, and I have the same problem with the passenger seat moving back on its own. Most repairs are easy to work on. Cup holder would be better in a different place. Paint came off the hubcaps. Very sorry the company went under.

Need Another One
By Green Kepi

2000 Daewoo Lanos SE 2dr Hatchback

Here it is almost 2011 and the 'old girl' is still going strong. Nearly 200,000 miles. This car has paid for itself many times over! When it does die on me. Will be like losing a member of the family!

People asking what it is and who makes it....

Like it, but has issues
By TON10ESR

2000 Daewoo Lanos S 2dr Hatchback

I had my Daewoo Lanos for about 7 months now and I like it so far and I haven't had issues with it until now. all just minor for a car with 60k (front and rear brakes, tie rod, RF Caliper, and electrical issues). Gas mileage is ok on this car. I average around 300 miles to a tank of gas. It's pretty fun to drive, but parts are hard to find and I have to order even the easiest of parts for it.

ride, gas mileage

better quality parts.

Daewoo = Zero problems
By Phil

2000 Daewoo Lanos S 2dr Hatchback

I owned this car for 4 1/2 years without ever having a single problem. It had 30,000 miles on it when I bought it and I used synthetic oil the whole time which is a no-brainer for any car. Granted I only drove about 5000 miles a year, but the car was the picture of reliability. The new Subaru WRX actually looks like a Lanos. The style still looks good today and there is plenty of leg and head room. Did I get lucky and get a trouble free car? From what I've read, I suppose that is possible. All I know is that I would buy another one in a heartbeat and would recommend it to anyone who wants an inexpensive, reliable car. The chassis was designed by Porsche...yes that Porsche.

At 55mph, I got 42 miles per gallon. The hatchback is great and there's room to spare. The car was designed by Porsche and it shows. The car corners like a sports car. Cheap to insure, cheap to drive. The reliability is flawless. Love the rear window wiper. Seats are very supportive.

I can't think of a single thing. The car is bullet proof. Maybe more power, but that would cut into the gas mileage which is world class. They should start building and selling these cars again...if Subaru likes the design enough to make their 2009 $35,000 WRX look like a 2000 Lanos that says it all.