Used 1999 Chrysler Sebring Coupe Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chrysler Sebring Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

It is fun to drive
By kadelman

1999 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

The driving fun ends quickly because you cannot keep the thing on the road. The tires are crappy in winter, the rims are horrendously expensive and you can bend them with your bare hands so be careful when changing a flat. The hubs will not come out of the steering knuckles even though they are threaded. To fix the belt you have to go in through the wheel well. I am a fairly competent average joe. I know what I am doing for all these little things. However on this car, it is built in such an obnoxious way that even the little things take 3-5 days to fix.

Engine is sound. At least for now. Trans is not bad but the 2.5 would be a lot more fun with a standard.

Make the crap easier to take apart or last longer.

not bad
By male28

1999 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

not a bad car at all. bought it with 95,000 miles have put 20,000 on it myself an it still hasnt left me stranded. isnt the fastest car in the world but from a rolling 35 itll pick up speed quick, youll be doing 90 n not even realize it, very smooth. im 6'3 an i have plenty of room, i just cant have anyone sit behind me. front wheel drive but stinks in the snow, great on wet roads. brakes and tranny are suspect, but nothing to make me want to get rid of it. i can honestly say ill probly have this car for a loooong looong time, even when the engine goes, ill put another 1 in it.

17" wide stylist rims. leather an wood grain. trunk room. overall look!

more horse power better gas mileage.

Fun 2 Drive
By DCARR

1999 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

I originally bought this car from the 2nd owner with 95K on it. I needed a second car to get me to/from my train station stop. I've only put about 10K on this car. Had some major problems with off with the distributor and the computer...replaced both at a cost of over $1500. Replaced the tires and did the front brakes. I passed it on to my son when he turned 17 and its a perfect vehicle for a high schooler. Looks sporty but the V6 is a bit under- powered, I feel confident there is enough weight to the vehicle in case he's in an accident. Overall, a good, but not great car. I like the era of Chrysler styling much more than their boxy macho lineup of today.

Interior cockpit is very cool

The body side molding is coming loose and should've been made to stay in place.

No More Sebring
By Goldie

1999 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

I would have to agree with some of the reviews earlier. About a month after purchasing my Sebring I noticed black glue type stuff on side panels of the doors. I've taken it to the dealer on numerous occasions. The sad part is that they are unable to tell me what’s causing the problem. Since then every year I’ve been out of $100 or more on the following: catalyst converter, serpentine belts and currently it’s in the shop for a transmission repair. I find the car difficult in steering, very small cup holder and loud road noise. The tires on my car 17” quite expensive and only a few stores carry that particular size.

Great car to have. However, my next vehicle will not be a Chrysler.

Hopefully someone from the Chrysler Public Relations Dept will relate the message to the manufacture/plant to put more time, effort and quality in designing this vehicle not only for the appearance but the overall car. Sincerely, “Make Changes”

Stylish experience
By Mopar

1999 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

I originally wanted a Stratus R/T but ran across the sebring in the back of a lot so I took it. Iv had it for 2 years now and the only problem I have had with it (150,000 miles) is the sway bar bushings, lower ball joints and a small leak in the flex pipe. But it has 150,000 miles what do you expect? It doesn't have much power for a v-6 but I put a air intake, exhaust system and after market plugs and wires and I noticed a big difference. It sits low, seats are kinda hard, turning radius isn't perfect and there aren't 4 cup holders because it's a coupe sports car not a full size luxury car! It looks sharp, handles awesome, very reliable. Very happy I got it, love the looks I get from everyone.

Looks, handling, sunroof, leather, wheels, reliability, gas mileage, paint seems to hold up. Seems to hold up to the salt pretty good too, there isn't 1 rust spot on it.

5 speed transmission, more hp, making the shifter a little smaller, make it to where you can put the fog lights on with the parking lights, should have made those side moldings to where they didn't catch on the fender when you open the door.