Used 1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Concorde for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Best Car for the price

Jim G., 10/17/2006
LX 4dr Sedan

Owned it since it was new. Mialage is 24 city, 30 highway. have over 185,000 miles and just needed first non-scheduled service (intake manifold gasket.) My normal service is oil change every 3K miles with Mobile-1 10w-30, spark plugs every 30K-40K miles, trans filter/oil every 60,000 miles, and timming belt, accessory belts, water pump and radiator hoses at 120,000 miles. At 150,000 miles had to replace power steering hose and fuel pump. At 185,000 miles fixed the manifold gasket, and installed new struts, and engine cradle bushings.

Best car I have owned!!

geogator, 09/17/2009
LXi 4dr Sedan

I have owned dozens of cars (BMW, Cadillac, Honda, Toyota, Valiant, New Yorker, etc.). This 160K miles car has been clearly the best riding, best performing, and most comfortable of the lot. It still gets 25-26 mpg on the interstate and more than 20 around town. Yes, I have had to maintain it, but it has paid me back with great service. My wife howls when I say new car. I guess we will drive it until it stops.

Great car

NW Wisconsin girl, 09/17/2008
LX 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for about 2 years now. I was wrinkled my nose when I first saw it, then I drove it. I'm not a fan of larger cars as a rule, but I'd buy another one of these in a heartbeat. AT 187k she's still running strong. Everything works on this car, I feel safe driving it out here in Deerville. If I hit something I'm not worried about dying. It handles beautifully, runs quietly and has a ride I've only dreamed of. I hope it lasts me another 3 years at least. I know of another one of these around my home that currently has 264k miles on it. She too, loves her Concorde.

Great car with a lil TLC

Steve, 05/27/2009
LXi 4dr Sedan

Very dependable car with no large repair expenses, but I also do 90% of my own repairs. I love the 3.5 engine. Most issues after 60,000 miles, standard r/m in my opinion, except the poor quality paint. 30,000-40,000 miles change plugs. At 45,000 miles, replaced hood struts. 52,000, valve cover gaskets. 80,000 miles, EGR valve, solved drivability issue. Found spark plug tubes cylinder 2 & 4, not sealed at bottom, allow oil on top of plugs, removed tubes and applied RTV red sealant. Subframe bushings, sway bar struts, inner tie rod bushings at 90,000. For preventive maint, at 100,000, I replaced all 4 o2 sensors, fuel injectors, coil packs, wires and plugs. Easy car to work on for the DIY.

This car is a lemon.

Ruben, 08/26/2002
LXi 4dr Sedan

My mom bought the car brand new. Up to date it has been to the dealership more times than all the cars she has owned. It had had several problems with the brakes, rack and pinion, sensors, and a/c. The warranty covered most of these but the problems keep coming every year and its the same problems. She will never buy a Chrysles again and I never will either. Its a waste of time to have a car that spends more time in the repair shop than on the road.

12345...8