Used 2013 Chrysler 200 Convertible Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used 200 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Not a bad deal on a fun car

petworthian, 04/07/2015
Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a leftover 2013 Touring convertible with the 3.6-litre engine in February 2015 for a great price. I only have 2000 miles on it, so I can't comment on reliability. The powertrain is a gem - the Pentastar V6 is smooth and powerful and emits a nice thrum when accelerating, and the 6-speed transmission eagerly serves up downshifts. Fuel economy is so-so - 16 MPG around town and 29-30 MPG on a trip. The interior is impressively quiet with the soft top up - as quiet as many conventional sedans I've driven. My only complaint is the front seating - the lumbar bulge is much too big and much too high, which means I have to recline the seat, and the leg room is a bit skimpy for tall drivers.

Very Impressed & Pleased with my 2013 Chrysler 200

Patricia, 10/08/2015
S 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car Sept 19th.2015,,,,,first of all, I never knew what it really had til after the first week. when I saw the car it was love at first site. sunroof leather all pwr everything. baby blue, new tires, 35,000plus miles. 3.6 v6l engine, etc...interior leather is awesome with heated seats both driver and passenger. the stereo system is boom box fantastic. the tires are new, but they keep reading differently. I'm guessing it could be the weather or condition of the roads. the gas is about 19 mpg city, and 22 hwy. its not bad, the a/c works great. the sunroof is fun. the trunk space is pretty big. If you have sorta big feet it can hit the hood release easy,,, but okay here it is. it rained on Monday,and I barely went threw a puddle going about 40. it scared the life out of me. my steering wheel went back and forth like crazy sideways with the puddle. gotta stay away from that for safety!!! but i'm In Vegas hardly ever rains! in 5yrs,i'll be giving this car to my daughter for school if she keeps good grades!!! You wont be sorry for this purchase that's for sure,,,enjoy!!!!

I own a 2013 Chrysler 200

I own this vehicle, 02/25/2020
S 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

1st of all there is no trunk area for you to place anything but small bags. You have to take the tire off to replace the battery. You have to take the front bumper off to change the headlight in the vehicle. It's a nice car and a nice ride but what a hassle to have to do any repairs

This is a hidden gem among convertibles

G M Kerry , 04/29/2020
Limited 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased my 2nd '13 Limited hard top conv. Man, I can't get enough of these cars! Ample power from the V6. The hardtop is simply an amazing feat of engineering in this price range. My nephew thought I had a Transformer! 😂 I bought a Dk Blue with 65k mis on it in Oct '18 for 12k. Liked it so much I bought a White one with a small roof leak with 78k mis on it Oct' 19 for a paltry $7k!! These cars are just highly underrated and priced accordingly. Cost only $600 to have dealer replace the seal and the top is like new now. (I'm still hoping to get a '14 Gold with low miles to complete my collection!) I don't drive 4 cyl cars anymore. V6 is just too practical for mileage/power combination. I get low 20s MPG in town and 31MPG Hwy. I'm just not willing to give up all my power for the extra 6 MPG that a 4 cyl "might" provide. There is no way to shut off traction control. But I disconnected the brake sending unit and it shut off the traction control... I was just curious. You don't realize how much power you have under you with traction on. I could smoke the wheels off without even trying! It makes a huge difference with traction control on, it bridles that HP in a safe and satisfying way. I've put about 10k miles on both cars. Have had no problems at all. I did replace tires with some Kuhmos from tire rack, I love these tires and they're comparatively cheap too! My main complaint is the delay in downshifting manually. You tell the car what you want to do and it decides what it will do and when. My Mazda cx-9 sport shifter responds instantaneously, so it's an adjustment. My other major complaint is that you cannot go even 1MPH and activate the top. I used to be able to motivate the top on my old '03 Sebring up to like 15mph. Very helpful if that stop light is just a bit too short for full activation. I suppose it is because the entire trunk opens up when moving the top, which might allow your belongings to fly away at speed. My old soft top was dysjuncted from the actual trunk space. A minor thing, cruise control sometimes will not turn on.. In either car, so I assume this is a computer function or malfunction. Sometimes it eventually responds and other times I have to restart the car. It did take 3 weeks for the dealer to get the main roof seal (maybe due to Wuhan flu shutdown, I'm not sure) . They decided to replace a window track as well which only took a week to get. The thing about this hard top is that I couldn't find any Bodyshop or convertible shop in Richmond, Va OR JAX, FL that would touch it, so you're going to be stuck with the dealer handling any hard top Issues. On the bright side, Whitten did a heckuva nice job on it. Of course, it's the same with any Mercedes or BMW as well. At least I didn't invest $50k+, So I don't mind a little upkeep when it happens. I'm 6'2", but I find it very comfortable to drive and ride in. I LOOOVE the 'Uge trunk! Even extremely useful with the top down! I did se reaearch before buyingtje 2nd one and I couldn't find ANY convertible with this much trunk space. It's so nice that it is such a practical car. The Bluetooth is a bit clunky but I'm getting used to it. The sound system in the limited is definitely worthy of a convertible. I can't even consider turning it up loud without the top down. I also still prefer my TomTom over the built in GPS, but buying used, I didn't pay extra for that feature anyway. I almost hate to tell people how good of a deal these cars are on the used mkt. I might want to snag a few more for my family.

An upgrade to my previous 08 Sebring Hardtop vert

Steinar Andersen, 07/22/2018
Limited 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I previously had a silver/grey 2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring Hardtop convertible (with most of the Limited's options). So upgrading to a red/cream 2013 200 Limited Hardtop convertible was pretty straight forward (all controls and features are basically the same). Except, the 200's materials are much nicer than the previous Sebring's plastic finishes. The 200's 3.6 Pentastar/6 speed tranny combination (with autostick) was a pleasant surprise compared to the previous 2.7/4 speed tranny combination from 2008. No more hunting of gears while on hilly terrain with the 200. The entertainment/gps system was also slightly improved and unlike the manufacturers constant need to further complicate infotainment systems (I have a 2020 Chrysler Pacifica that has a HUGE manual needed to find everything for its infotainment system), the 730 stereo has enough fun features without being overly complicated. The 200 also rides quieter. The cherry red exterior and cream interior is a striking color combination, and looks nicer than most other convertibles. The hardtop feature of the convertible is what wins with me due to better security, quieter ride, and the ability to drive in the winter without worries of the snow load during storms (only the Volvo and VW Eos had this feature but like the 200 convertible, they also no longer manufacture a hardtop convertible anymore).... otherwise, I'd have looked at the Mustang or Camaro convertible. Unfortunately, Chrysler stopped making these Hardtop convertibles in 2015.... so I bought this used 2013 to last me another 15 years as there is nothing being sold now or on the horizon that compares. The 2013 is the epitome of the three and a half generations of the Sebring/200 convertibles (1996-2014), and unless Chrysler starts making another one..... all I can say to the person looking for a good used convertible, is to buy a good example of a 2013/2014 200 Limited or S Hardtop convertible. You won't be sorry (just make sure you get an extended bumper to bumper warranty for piece of mind). I bought this one with 96,250 miles for $13,250 (including the 5 yr/60,000 mile "premium" warranty)...... and I consider it the best buy out there for a hardtop convertible. Bar none.