Skip to main content

Used Volt for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons
4.88 out of 5 stars

Perfect carr for both Electric and Hybrid driving...

itsjoeybear, 04/29/2014
2014 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I absolutely love my Volt…I was looking for a car that could get me to work and back on all electric power, but still have the ability to do road trips without relying on the battery. The Volt is perfect for my daily 40 mile round trip commute to work. I charge the car at home and have plenty of power to drive to work and back. The Volt is fun to drive and has plenty of power to maneuver the LA freeways. In full Hybrid mode, I'm averaging about 38 to 40 actual miles per gallon, which is good for a lead foot like me. I rarely use gas though, but if I do it's on the weekend or trips out of town. The car keeps track of your gas and EV mileage separate, so it's easy to calculate.

Also Consider
12 Offers Near Ashburn, VA
Check out current offers on the Chevrolet Bolt EUV
View Offers
Chevrolet.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Highest Owner Satisfaction Two Years In.A Row

davidsvolt, 12/30/2013
2014 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

My current overall milage is 69.8 mpg and climbing. I expect my overall milage will be over 100 mpg after a few more months of driving. With my current commute of 56 miles daily I typically drive 42 miles on a charge, then it switches to gas, seamlessly, for the remaking 14 miles. It's range is well over 300 miles per tank. It currently takes 10 hours to charge the car using the charger that comes with the car. It plugs in to any standard wall outlet. It cost about $1.50 to charge completely. You can buy a 220 volt charger that cuts charging time down to less than 4 hours. I paid $31,900 -$7,500 Fed tax rebate - $1,500 Ca rebate = $22,900 + tax/ license. That is a total steal.

3 out of 5 stars

Watch out for big A/C bills and automatic Voltec

craig baxter, 02/10/2019
2014 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Volt uses passenger cabin air conditioning system to cool battery pack. If car air conditioning has a leak (Mine had an evaporator leak) the car will not allow you to use the car in any mode until the air conditioning is repaired. You are stuck on the side of the road! $2,000.00 A/C repair in the middle of the winter to get the car to run again!

4 out of 5 stars

New Volt Owner

dodman1, 10/14/2014
updated 10/14/2016
2014 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

My son recently bought a new Tesla which prompted me to consider an EV. The Tesla is fantastic, but it's out of my price range and I don't really need the 270 miles of range offered by the Tesla. I researched the current crop of EV's quite extensively and decided the Volt made the most sense for me. I am retired and generally drive less than 30 miles a day. I ended buying a 2014 equipped with just the heated seat option. I didn't want NAV, Camera's, and other high tech options. Been driving for 50 plus years and have gotten really good at using my rear and side mirrors! The Federal Tax Credit, State rebate, and liberal Dealer discount was too good to pass up.

4 out of 5 stars

Go test drive one!

paodeoro, 10/06/2013
2014 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

So is it a good value? Yes! It feels solid as a Mercedes and almost as luxurious (no electric seats). It’s fun to drive like a Mazda 3. It costs like a Corolla, after factoring in tax incentives and fuel savings (10 years ownership). The Volt has a unique character and more than skin deep beauty that makes owners proud and car enthusiasts rethink what’s possible.

12345...6