Used 2003 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews

Used Venture for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...20

Pros
Cons

MONEY PIT

moneypit10, 01/14/2014
Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Since I bought this van at 22,000 miles it's needed a $1200 engine seal, new windshield wiper motor, new headlights because they leak water into them. Now it's at 50,000 miles and it needs a tune up. I wonder what else will go wrong with it. It just keeps costing me money. This has not been a good vehicle to own. The only good thing about this van is that it's 11 years old with only 50,000 miles on it and the interior and exterior look like new. Too bad what's under the hood can't be more reliable. I give this 10 thumbs down and 20 raspberries. I will never buy another chevy.

Great Purchase as a used car

djustice, 10/01/2008
LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 4th mini-van. Three Plymouth Voyagers were huge headaches. Purchased this vehicle used, new vans are out until the last of three daughters are out of college. The van is very comfortable with 8 passenger seating. The second row middle seat can be folded down to reveal cupholders and doubles as an armrest. Storage is great. Handles well and is very nice to drive. Our grandchildren love the DVD player. Great on vacations. About 24 MPG highway, loaded with people and luggage. At about 65,000 miles it required a transmission overhaul but was covered by my extended warranty. Have had some problems with drivers side power window. Overall we love this vehicle. Great buy as a used car.

Excellence performance for 110000 miles

AlwaysChevy, 08/14/2009
LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car brand new. Liked the 8 seats. Computer shows average gas mileage as 25 mph. Reliable performance for all these years. I strongly recommend a Chevrolet minivan if you want a good vehicle for carrying 8 people for long distances.

Good for about 55K

gotribe2, 04/23/2011
LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought in 2003 from dirtbag Bob Serpentini's now defunct Aurora dealership. The rust on the passenger side rear wheelwell is epic. The windshield wiper motor and wiper transmission have a mind of their own since 45K, 2 replacements at $300 a piece. Now the windshield has a leak somewhere too. Once this thing was out of warranty it started crapping out. NO GM HERE EVER AGAIN.

Proud of my 2003 Chevy Venture Minivan

keeley00, 01/02/2012
Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my van in Feb of 2006 with 130000 miles already on it. Im not sure how the previous owners maintained the van, but since I bought it I have changed the oil every 4000-5000 miles. I had to have the transmission rebuilt in 2007, but it now has 270000 miles on it and a daily driver still. The other issues I have had with this van has been the poor headlight vision and frequent blown headlight bulbs and turn signals due to leakage into the headlights. I am very pleased with this van overall and if I was in the market for another van I would buy this same one. Just an fyi from a venture owner.

12345...20