Used 2003 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews

Used Venture for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...20

Pros
Cons

Dependable, Comfortable - I like

Bob, 05/29/2010
LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought 3 years old and is now 4 years later and I am very pleased over all with this Chevy. Had to replace the manifold gaskets, but no problem since. No other major problems. Minors: wheel bearing, spark plugs, cat converter, tires - nothing major. Now at 104,000 mi, I plan on keeping it. Have recommended to family members since resale is low. Great mini-van!

Expensive to own

gunner29, 07/09/2011
LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned this van for over 4 years and are finally selling it. It is reliable as far as driving is concerned but expensive to own. The rear brake lights are always burning out. We have also had to replace the windshield wiper motor twice, the ball joints, the rear shocks and springs, and now the rear load leveler is broken. It is also starting to rust out all along the bottom. The gas mileage is okay if you do a lot of highway driving. Use synthetic oil for oil changes. We have put on over 130,000 kilometers since we have bought this vehicle (90% highway) and this van has not broke down once while driving. We do most of our driving with the van loaded with family gear.

comfy with extras, but serious flaws

busdriverjosh, 05/28/2011
LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this used and had a transmission solenoid go out in two months. Soon after the ABS and AWD started to quit. You can turn the ignition off to reset it but it's still a pain. Also, the wipers have a design flaw that allows the area to fill with snow and ice so the spring breaks if it's not cleaned out before use. We like it and it has a lot of room and great features, but it's just not reliable.

Nomerous complaints about taillights

kewldude_001, 01/05/2012
LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my van for 6 months. Purchased from a family member. Having a few problems, i thought I would look up some info and found the many complaints about the taillights. I found I had the same issue. With burning taillights out and turning signal (driver side) To help people who might have this problem try this. At night turn lights on and hit the brake pedal. Look for you turn signal lights on you dash to glow slightly. If so the plastic around the connector melted and is allowing current to travel down brake light and turn light and vise versa. If you have some knowledge, take you brake light fixture out and look at your plug. If you see the signs of melting that is your problem!

Functional, But Boring

Papi, 10/12/2010
LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van with low miles and the dealership was willing to do anything to get us into this van. We had zero problems except for the seat trim falling off, headlights full of water, and a loose windshield seal, until about 70K miles. Then the wheel bearings went, the transmission started shifting erratically, and the headlights were completely opaque. Sometimes the radio won't shut off, and the electric door is wonky. Windshield washer tank leaks. Have replaced 12 bulbs in 4 months and the light sockets were melted! Brake lights come and go. Acceleration is measured with a calendar.

12345...20