Used 2001 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews

Used Venture for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

GM junk

looker, 01/12/2010
LS 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love the fact that the van gets great gas mileage for a large vehicle 28.5 mpg on avg. Now for the bad it stays in the shop more than on the road, in 8 months I have had to have a new trany, new head gaskets. I have also had to have numerous other small things fixed.

Observations

D Webster, 02/26/2002
Plus 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

As a previous Dodge Caravan owner, I'm happy with the Venture, and find it as good a vehicle as I might have expected from Chrysler. Gas Mileage is good, it has a solid feel, is peppy enough for a minivan, and has a good ride and a good turning radius. It has the standard 3.4 litre, six cylinder engine and automatic transmission.

Too Many Problems!

Nora, 03/21/2008
LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was happy at first, being that I waited and looked so long for a van. Despite my husband advising me not to buy a van, I did it anyway. First 2 month's in, I had to replace the front brakes and something else with the brakes that was expensive. 4 months later, I had to replace the thermostat. The following summer,I had to replace the whole compartment where my rear lights plug in, it burnt out. Over the months I replaced all the bulbs and the thermostat again. Same year, had to replace the radiator and water pump. 2007 had to replace thermostat again, water pump again, gas gauge went out, cruise control went out. 2008 hose leaking antifreeze which led to a rod blowing, back lights acting weird.

Love my van!

Ashley, 12/21/2007
Warner Bros. 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABE Seats (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I am very impressesd with the overall quality of the vehicle and the ease of use and comfort. It is very quiet while driving, even at high speeds and in wind. I own the Warner Brothers version and with the built in TV and DVD player, it's great. I like the fact that you can control the rear heat and air from both the front seat and back seats. You also have the ability to have the front and back seats on separate radio stations, or the cd player. Great for kids and or driving at night so occupants can sleep but driver can listen to music silently. I love this vehicle!

This was a great car that I kept up

DSO, 07/13/2009
LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I brought this car new. It is 8 years old now and I no longer need a mini van. I never had many problems with it until the A/C died and I got it replaced with GM (China parts) that GM does not even make any more.It died again before the warranty was up and fixed again only to die once more. I really enjoyed this car but the back door hatches are rusting and so is an area on the roof where the roof rack is. The worst thing about this car is the headlights. Very cheap. When it still under warranty and new,I had one headlight replaced because it was holding water. Now they are both foggy and hold water.

12345...9