2021 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews

$29,800

Save as much as $2,272
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Excellent vehicle. Spacious and not to big

Jorge Sanchez, 03/21/2021
LT Cloth 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Traverse is spacious inside and not to big as other suvs. Very convenient to drive. Leased a 2018 and now a 2021..

Brake noises

Juan, 05/12/2021
LT Leather 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Recently purchase brand new. Have drove it for less than 1000 miles on it and brakes have an issue. Brakes have a grinding noise throughout the drive. Sound louder at first then once brakes heat up it sound less but you can hear and feel it at mid to higher speed brakes. I brought it to my local dealership who told me "GM is aware of the issue but have not found a solution for the problem. 2020 models have the same issue and GM has not found a solution yet." If I knew this before I purchased this vehicle, I wouldn't have purchased it.

Big, comfortable, reasonably fast highway cruiser

Den, 03/10/2021
Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

If you are looking for a comfortable ride, this is it. I just love Chevy internal ergonomics, to me it looks clean and properly placed. Its a big crossover though, it could barely fit in my garage. 😁

Ad
Build Your Traverse
At a Glance:
  • 9 Colors
  • 9 Trims
  • $29,800starting MSRP
See pricing and options on your next Chevrolet
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges. Some colors are extra cost. See dealer for details.

I Love This SUV!!

NorCalMom44, 03/30/2021
LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

I previously had a 2012 Traverse that I loved but decided I wanted something smaller and more fuel efficient so I bought a new Honda CRV in 2018 (which was small but did not get the great gas mileage it claimed). I hated that car pretty much the entire time I had it and finally traded it in on a new 2021 Traverse. I love my new Traverse! It’s so comfortable and safe feeling and has nice features that I didn’t have on my CRV like Apple Car Play, WiFi and heated mirrors. There is so much space inside and it’s beautiful on the outside! I wish I had bought this a long time ago. I think this might be my favorite vehicle I’ve ever owned.

Compares well to segment leaders

Aaron, 06/18/2021
LT Cloth 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

I felt very comfortable with purchasing a 2021 Traverse LT. My parents have a 2019 Highlander XLE and my sister has the 2020 Kia Telluride SX. My main reason for my purchase, it was the only 7 seat SUV with captains chairs under $40k. Does it have the refinement of my family members' cars, no. However it didn't have the price tag either. The engine on the Traverse is awesome. It is powerful yet also quiet. Overall, the interior is also the quietest of the 3. The ride is smooth although some noticeable body roll when turning, but it's minimal. The body roll on the Highlander is much worse. It doesn't have the athleticism, nor does it have the amazing technology of the Kia, but it's also $20k less. The rear seats and room are superior on the Traverse. By a lot. The Captains chairs are the most comfortable and the rear seat is not only the largest, but the most accessible. If Money wasn't a consideration I would take the Kia first, the Traverse 2nd and the Highlander 3rd. But considering the vast difference in price, I am very pleased with my choice.