Used 2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Worst car ever.
By Wallace

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Nothing but problems since I bought it five years ago. I will never buy a Chevy again. Looks great but nothing but problems. Stay away from all traverses. I’ve known 4 people that have purchased these vehicles and all four outs us have traded them in.

Stay away
By Robert

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Too many repairs and it is not a reliable vehicle. I would not purchase.

2010 is the worst year for the Traverse
By Q

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

These vehicles depreciate in dog years. Transmission started slipping in year 4 and the dealership couldn't find the issue. Year 5 transmission went out and was replaced (not cheap). Subsequently, the radiator, A/C, hoses, went out over the next few months. Finally got rid of it. Even with regular maintenance, it was an overall nightmare. I hope the other years were better for this model than 2010.

bittersweet driveway ornament
By Dustin

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

These things are prone to all kinds of engine malfunctions. Mine has been in and out of the shop since I bought it. The interior is nice and roomy, very comfortable. It's a pleasure to drive, when it's running. I've had to put so much money into this pos that it's currently sitting in my driveway with a whole side of the engine misfiring, so it's not driveable and I'm out of money that can be spent on it. A total waste.

Timing chain, steering, A/C, etc
By Jerry

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car new and had it serviced by the dealer for at least 60K miles. The functionality of the car was great for my circumstances, and the performance and creature comforts were satisfactory. Then the AC had to be repaired which required removal of the dashboard. Hence a costly repair, but dealer's estimate was outrageous. I had it fixed elsewhere for 60% of that estimate which was still nearly $2K. Then I continued prescribed maintenance at a non-dealer. Then leaking struts and broken spring had to be replaced. Now, at 110,000 miles, the timing chain needs replacement ($3,500) which I see from recent research is a very common problem for this version of the Traverse. Also, the power steering failed (while making a turn). Thank goodness I was driving and not my wife! This apparently is also a frequent problem with this car. It needs new rack and pinion as well as replacement of the leaking steering fluid pump. Having owned many cars of various brands over 50+ years, this is the worst by far. If I were asked for an opinion, I would say DO NOT buy a used Traverse.