Used 1999 Chevrolet Tracker Consumer Reviews

Used Tracker for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Best Car I've Ever Owned

GEO Fan, 02/07/2009
2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

This car is the most versatile, fun vehicle I've ever owned. It gets 29 mpg w plenty of power from the 2.0 engine. 4WD goes through any mountain snow storm. I take it up steep mountain dirt trails in a foot of snow. I go off-roading in the summer in rural Appalachia driving though streams, ATV trails & deep mud. I use it as a commuter economy car during the week. More reliable than the Corolla/Prizm's, better MPG & 4WD than Suburu's I've owned. The only problem was with the transmission. Needed rebuilt at 116,000. Otherwise it's still like new after 10 years/122,000 miles. I plan on driving it over 200k just as I have w Suburu's & GEO Prizm's. My next vehicle - another Tracker.

Love my Tracker

OVUgirl, 08/21/2008
4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Tracker on a lark, just out looking one Saturday. What a great find it was and still is. Tracker had 44,000 miles on it in 2004 and now has 122,000 with nothing but regular oil changes, brakes, tires and a timing belt. This is a great little SUV and really fun to drive or go muddin with. I can throw all kinds of mud on my friends expensive trucks and SUVs! It's a riot. Best vehicle I ever bought, and I bought my first in 1968.

Great Rig!

HRalph, 02/10/2003
2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

Was looking at a Kia Sportage. However, during the test drive, found it rocked forward and back on bumps. Saw a 2dr/5sp/conv tracker on the lot and took it for a spin. No rocking there. Have had it for 3.5 years and have had no problems. Got the 1.6L and it does great on gas-27mpg-and has enough power to do what I need. Kids love the wind blowing in their faces with the top down. Driven it off-road some, but mostly as a run around car with some highway. Had to get used to the high- center in the wind. Went to motorbooks.com for the right Haynes manual as I could not find the correct manual anywhere else.

1999 4WD Automatic Conv.

eaoreilly, 01/23/2007
2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

I bought this car for it's 4WD capacity. I live on a hill, and in snowy winters, it's great, and I love it. It's got 111,000 miles on it now, and the only real problems that I've had is with the wheel bearings giving out and the 4WD having some problems, but other than that, I'd purchase this car again in a heartbeat!

Never broke down in 8 years

KennyS, 06/28/2007
2dr SUV w/Soft Top

This car has never broken down once since December 1999 with only 400 miles to start with. I changed the oil religiously and never drove crazy. I've recently had the brake pads changed for the first time in 8 years. I'll be driving this car over 2,000 miles from TX to WA so I'll really be testing it now. The exterior black plastic runner along the driver's side door has come unglued and is about the only noticable defect. I don't know if I'm just lucky or if I have the only Tracker that was built to last.

12345...6