Skip to main content

3.7 out of 5 stars
43 reviews
1...

See Edmunds pricing data

Has Your Car's Value Changed?

Used car values are constantly changing. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in.

Price history graph example
We have a limited number of reviews for the 2020 Tahoe, so we've included reviews for other years of the Tahoe since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

2018 Tahoe reviews after 2 mos, 1yr, 3yrs, 4yrs

Ken, 01/07/2019
updated 07/24/2023
2018 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned a 99 Yukon, 99 Suburban, 2005 Suburban, and 2013 Tahoe, and all served me well. This has so much great new technology for driving, like blind spot, cross alert traffic when backing up, backup camera (which I have had and enjoyed since I put the first one in my '05 Subby) front collision alert, lane keeping, power tilt and telescoping steering wheel, & heated steering wheel, which all came with the luxury option as I recall. It is worth it! I wish they would not make the front seats and backs with the edge bolsters on the new vehicles. It is not as comfortable for sitting as my '05 or '13, and feels narrower. Headlights got low grade because I am shopping to replace the low beam bulbs with ones that give more light and more distance. It is not an easy job since I will have to remove the air filter box on passenger side to get to bulb, but once I find ones that will last a while, (based on reviews) I am doing that upgrade. Now the good news. The wipers cannot be heard while running which is a great update. Maybe better soundproofing in the glass, but appreciated! Quiet ride, handles very well, and great tech options for phone, etc, in 8" display. Multiple displays of your choice in small screen under the speedo are also great. The one problem I am having is loud vibration in back end at low speeds. I actually took it to local Dlrship to see if they had not filled tranny at factory. New tranny oil is clear and hard to read. They said it was OK. I got an appointment to have car looked at, and on the day I went in, after 90 minutes of waiting they told me they knew my problem without bringing it in the shop. Pressure problem in fuel line going from tank is causing loud vibration of the line. Sounds like noisy rear air ride compressor running intermittently, and a lot at low speeds. They had another one just like it with same problem last week. They found TSB #17-NA-304 that explained that fuels lines need replacing. I went yesterday and had the fuel line & fuel hose replaced to fix it, and it now sounds great!. Car has just 2,100 miles. This is my 14 month, @ 13,000 mile update- Jan 2020: There have been no problems with the Tahoe, and it has performed well. I am pleased with my latest large Chevy SUV. I do want to add that the only real safety concern I have is the inability to see to the left and right in the evening, and at an intersection that is not well lit, like my residential neighborhood. The headlights do nothing to cover those areas, especially the right side, where I worry that as I turn right in the dark, I could come upon a pedestrian that I could not see walking. This big rig needs cornering lamps that illuminate when the directional is on to be safe in those situations. Turning on the fog lights helps a bit, but it should not have to be needed to make a turn in darkness. My 2001 Lincoln Town Car had them, and that was 19 years ago! January 2021- 3 yr 3 month update @ 34,000 miles: The Tahoe does great in all facets. I did upgrade the OEM Michelin Energy Saver tires (treadwear rating of 480) at 30K miles for Michelin Defender LTX, which have great tread. OEMs were worn down more than I liked in terms of heading towards hydroplaning issues in water and I am happy I made the upgrade. My main complaint remains that I cannot see forward at night when taking turns, or even on dark road trying to see if anyone is walking on the shoulder. Headlights project straight forward only and not near the car. It is worst when cornering, and I worry that someone could be run over if walking in the dark because there is no visibility. I try to turn on my fog lights at night for that reason because it does help a bit with widening the lighted profile just in front of the vehicle to each side. Cornering lights would be a necessity for me to consider getting a new Tahoe. Mechanically, the Tahoe has been perfect. I average 20-21 mpg highway, and have overall 17.8 mpg since purchase (I have not reset trip 1 indicator since I did it on the test drive with 19 miles, and I use trip 2 for fill up resets. The overall MPG would be much better, but in the summer, I sit in car with A/C on while I am parked at the ocean, and do same thing with heat on in winter. This car has been everything I had hoped for (except cornering lighting issue) and the luxury package gave me all the tech I needed. I am seeing used 2018 Tahoe LT's like mine at car dealerships with similar or higher mileage that are selling for as much of more than I paid when new 3 yrs and 3 months ago, with the $10k year end discount I got. JULY 2022- 3 yr 9 months review: Mileage just turned 39,000. Only maintenance since last review was two more synthetic oil changes at local Chevy dealer, and an alignment after getting new Michelin Defender LTX tires at 30K miles when OEM Michelins were too worn for my liking. I did replace the original battery in July 2021 (@33 months) without checking on any remaining warrantee. Otherwise, this car has performed very well. I am impressed with the ongoing quality and the comfort in the Chevy large SUVS, and after recently driving our daughter's 2019 Mercedes GLS450 while in Colorado, I prefer my 2018 Tahoe by a long shot. July 2023, 4 yr 9 month review--- Air Conditioning unit lost all coolant and failed due to leak at a weld of fitting for the ac line to the condenser in 11/2022 at 41k miles. Condenser and new AC lines and freon had to be put thru on my non GM extended warrantee, even though there was a GM recall on several Tahoe model years up thru 2017 for exact same problem. At same visit, also had torn boot on left front axle, so axle was replaced under GM power train warrantee. Otherwise, the Tahoe keeps on going without other problems. It has 48K now in 7/2023, and is on original front and rear brakes. (My '05 full time AWD Suburban went 73K before I had to have the brakes and rotors done.)

Big and spacious!

Josiah, 03/04/2020
2019 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

A great vehicle for a family. My mom just bought her 2019 Chevy Tahoe and she loves it! It's big and spacious. It also has very decent legroom. The only thing I didn't like during the drive was poor acceleration and speed. It was also very sensitive to the road and strong winds. Overall a great big vehicle with heated seats and sunroof.

5 out of 5 stars

Love my 2019 Tahoe Midnight Addition!

William Bennett, 06/11/2019
2019 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I’ve had this SUV for about 5 weeks now and I love it. I have the LS Midnight Addition with upgraded black leather seats by Katz. I have truly enjoyed every minute of it. The vehicle looks amazing, drives great, has plenty of room, overhead air vents, wood grain trim, heavy duty interior w/ beautiful finishes, dual front power seats, dual front and rear climate control, hidden compartment, lots of storage, mega amount not of USB ports, awesome all wether tires and a killer stereo system w/ CD player. My only complaint is the Onstar system is a bit wonky and non responsive, but the Apple Car Play more than makes up for it. If you haven’t been fortunate enough to enjoy Apple Car Play I hope on day you have the chance. I heart my Tahoe. I love the outdoors and this SUV gets me where I wanna go in style.

Also Consider
Build Your 2023 Tahoe
At a Glance:
  • 9 Colors
  • 7 Trims
  • 6 Packages
  • $54,200starting MSRP
Build & PriceChevrolet.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges. Dealer sets the final price.

5 out of 5 stars

Tahoe RST most beautiful truck ever!

Heidi Rollo, 10/22/2019
2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This has been the best vehicle by Chevrolet I have owned by far. Best vehicle I’ve ever owned period! The options are insane! This vehicle is so impressive I cannot tell you how pleased I am!

First Chevy in 35 Years!

Rasmaxwell, 06/19/2018
updated 01/07/2022
2018 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

It has been a long time since I last owned a GM product. After driving the Tahoe, there were a number of things that appealed to me: 1. excellent front seats, 2. very good instrumentation, 3. good quality interior materials, 4. a great highway cruiser and quiet too, and 5. the front/rear/rear cross traffic sensors. I have to be honest though, the standard headlights are awful. During my multiple test drives in the Spring, it was never dark enough for me to evaluate the headlights. There is absolutely no excuse for such poor low beam headlights on such an expensive vehicle. If I don't keep the car for more than a year or two, it will be because of the headlights. Dinged my overall review because of the headlights. Update 12/19/18 - reiterating that the headlights are awful for a vehicle in its price class. Update 6/19/19 - sold the car. Night driving with poor headlights is dangerous. Headlights were abominable. Unbelievably poor headlights for such an expensive vehicle.

1...