2017 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Tested a 2017, got a CPO 2016 instead
By Margarita

2017 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I found this CPO 2016 Suburban LT to be an excellent option, because prices for newer models are almost doubled. The 2016 Suburban LT handles like a big car, not like a truck. Although, there's a need to practice right turns and parking, because of its length. It takes a lot of gas and $$ to fill up the tank, but this machine compensates by providing the driver with hundreds of miles on the highways without a fillup.

Stupid rear Trunk was useless, I had removed !
By Beagles

2017 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Premier 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

REAR cargo area was terrible ! I have an electric scooter..with the rear "trunk" it is too high. (My 2015 didn't have the trunk, so I never noticed until after I bought this one) All the groceries roll downhill toward the back door..when you open it everything rolls out onto the driveway!! SO, I found a local guy that does custom car interiors. I showed him a video of a guy on the internet with step-by-step instructions to remove the 3rd seat and the trunk (held in with 2 plasic wingnuts). I hired him to take OUT the rear storage "trunk" and the 3rd seat and install a carpeted board so the floor is flat! Looks nice and the groceries stay IN the truck till we remove them and my Scooter clears the ceiling like my old suburban! I saw the review By  Labrador on 12/10/2017 above..he didn't have to buy a smaller dog crate IF he is willing to remove the stupid trunk! I don't know WHY they did this when most Suburban owners want Cargo area for hauling stuff. stupid idea.

Best traveling vehicle on the road
By Winman

2017 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 4th Suburban in the last 11 years. I trade every 3 years. There is no better vehicle for long distance traveling. The comfort is superb and you can haul about anything. I used to be a pickup man, until I got a ride in my friends Suburban. The fact that you can cover everything and lock it up on long trips is great for peace of mind. Plus you can access things in the back from the 2nd door instead of crawling over the pickup bed with a topper is a big plus. I'd never go back to a pickup. My lab also likes to be inside much better when we go hunting! You can comfortably cruise for hundreds of miles in a day in this rig.

It's not a crossover it's the original SUV!
By George Stinson

2017 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Premier 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

a well put together SUV. Interior is quiet and spacious with well laid out instrumentation.steering wheel controls for blue tooth as well as voice recognition. Exterior fits tight beautiful paint and trim. All around superior ride compared to other full size SUVs I have rented or test drove.

Improved Fuel economy is a big plus!
By Winman

2017 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

My 4th Suburban in the last 10 years. I trade about every 3 years. I have the LT Signature edition. We took a 2800 mile trip to the Smoky Mtns in Nov. '17 and averaged 20.1 mpg! That includes a lot of mountain and curve driving and I was very pleased. The freeway driving was at 75 mph. That's about a 2.5 mpg increase over the '14 that I traded in with 55,000 mi with absolutely no problems. I have the cocoa/dune interior and I think that it is very classy and attractive. The only problem I have with the new style Suburban is the sloping rear floor. Twice we have had items roll out the back when the door was opened. One was a glass grocery jar that broke on the asphalt. I'm hoping that they address this issue on the next version. The ride is wonderful and this vehicle is made to take long trips.