Used 2009 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Suburban for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Buyer Beware

MR, 06/30/2009
LT2 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Nothing but headaches since we purchased it. Back and forth to dealership to address shuddering/vibration and power issues. (5 times so far) No codes no TSB so they say no problem, car has intermittent shudder at low speeds occurring while accelerating up incline now occurs any time accelerating. Told vibration is normal for these vehicles due to electronic drive system.hesitation when pressing on gas going up inclines lack of power feels as if struggling to get up hill,could not imagine how this could tow anything,shuddering at times is quite severe in as whole vehicle feels as if it shakes, does not seem normal.Customer service at GM is less than helpful

SofarSogood

AnthonyinCastleRock,, 10/27/2009
LT2 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2006 Expedition. Loved the Expedi, but wanted more room and hated the look of the Expedi EL. Drove the Suburban for 800 miles around town and then took it 4,600 miles back east with the whole crew. Excellent truck. Great ride and the best looking SUV out there. The mileage was unreal, averaged 18.5mpg for the trip. Mostly highway, but 4x4 on the beaches of the Outer Banks for 7 days. The six speed tranny is good, but it does shift abruptly and awkwardly once in a while. The seats are super comfortable, but I went with cloth because I am sick of the leather looking like crap after a year. This is the worst Chevy cloth ever, everything pills up on it so get seat covers.

This Gen of Suburbans is only good to haul people, the utility/camping aspect is gone.

thecarguy10, 06/16/2014
LT2 2500 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

We have always had Suburbans and loved them, until the 2007-2014 body style. GM has really screwed the pouch on the interior design. The Dash is awkward and has no room for stuff (very important for long drives) and for the first time ever they don't offer a fold flat interior.... What gives, the say it's not cost effective, but yet they are charging 60k for one... I am selling mine because the back of the truck is only good to haul people, not cargo, not dogs or camping. As far as I am concerned I will not be buying anything newer then 2006... I can't believe we bailed GM out...

BEST SUV I HAVE EVER OWNED OVERALL

Cassi, 02/08/2016
LTZ 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a 2009 Ltz with one owner with 49k miles. About 1 year ago. (Feb) 2015. Absolutely love it and will never own but these again. Parts cost a lot so make sure you have a warranty. A lot of electronics in this vehicle and are not cheap. Thank goodness for my warranty because I had small parts to be fixed. All over 200 each. Cruise control switch, air bag sensor, and side mirror interal clip that makes your windows bind in that was a 400 dollar repair. Thank goodness for my extended warranty. That was all covered. I also has the suspension light come on. Had to have a shock absorber replaced that was 600 which I had to pay. So with all that the truck is great and I love every bit of it. But not to cheap to repair. Overall worth it all.

Owner Review 2009 Suburban

Wayne Dykstra, 12/31/2008
LT2 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2009 Suburban, my 12th Suburban since 1980. The vehicle is the best designed, finshed and highest quality Suburban yet. Fit and finish are perfect and engine noise is nonexistant. The handling and steering are perfectly tuned, and the vehicle feels like a lightweight crossover when you are cornering and drving city traffic. Amazing how they have accomplished it. For anyone who needs a big SUV (as I do) you cannot do better than this one. My only complaint is that Chevy can't figure out how to make the middle row seats lay flat. A very minor issue, however. On a scale of owner satisfaction and value I would rate my Suburban as a 9.8.