Used 2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

I Took the Plunge - 2007 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ
By Cassandra Campbell

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is 10 years old and had 219,000 miles on it when I purchased it. However, who ever owned it prior took great care of it and with the CarFax, I noted that they maintained the vehicle and no accidents. The interior was in excellent condition and very clean. I have had to replace the driver side door handle, the passenger side mirror and the TPMS sensors but other than that, this SUV rides well and handles great. I will say that having 20 inch rims you do feel bumps in the road, but that is just to be expected with any car with large rims. Again a 10 year old car so there are a few nicks in the paint on the hood but I couldn't be more please with my purchase. I did replace the OEM radio. I couldn't justify $180 to upgrade to the latest navigation maps when I could buy an android head unit and keep updated maps for free. I will say that this beast doesn't see to like passing a gas station. But that is to be expected going from a 1997 Chevy Suburban LT with a 39 gallon tank to this with a 31 gallon tank. I think I will adjust to it.

Last Suburban I will ever buy
By Marty

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned 8 Suburbans in my 42 years of driving. The 2007 LTZ is by far the worst design since 1985. Replacing a headlight is pure insanity. New transmission at 100k. $5000 in repairs this year alone. For a giant vehicle the storage in the front console is poor at best. The engine and electronics have a mind of their own. Needs 1 quart of oil every month, where is it going? I had a 2003 Suburban, 200k miles and other than normal repairs I only replaced 1 starter, 1 water pump and 1 alternator. No transmission, no a/c, no accel module, no transfer case and I could replace a headlight on my own in 5 minutes instead of paying someone for 90 minutes of labor. Buying an Infiniti or Nissan this weekend and looking forward to it. The final straw was my phone call to GM when the transmission failed and the girl told me, "you should have taken better care of the truck!" I'm a fanatic with my trucks, this was a faulty defective part but she did not care, so neither do it......adios Mexican Suburban, hello USA Nissan!!

I really like it despite repairs.
By davecowdenjr

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my LTZ for a great price 4 years ago. Since then I've had to replace two rear end assemblies (one under Mechanical Breakdown Plan) and other was about 1500.00 all in. I did do a lot of towing but under 2000lbs. Had the battery problem early on; dealer fixed somehow. Also had a minor engine rebuild at 165K and have had an intermittent oil usage problem. Used to be 1 to 2 quarts every 7500 miles or so; seems more frequent now so I'm keeping track starting at 177K. Despite this I love the thing. Put a cold-air intake on at 53k; boosted mileage to 15.5/20.5 at reasonable highway speeds. Super comfortable and rides like a 747. Friends always want to take it anywhere we go.

Interior comfort and exterior looks. Massive cabin space

Upper dash made of what appears to be cheapest plastic possible as opposed to material used in my trade-in, a 2007 Tahoe. Bizarre. Essentially same vehicle. Turbo 6 or diesel option might be nice

2007 burban AMAZING REVIEW FOR HIGH MILEAGE
By themann258

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i have 200,000 miles and shes still running like a champ.. NOt to mention pulling my 6,500 lb boat and trailer without any stress..

FOR anyone who is finding great prices on the suburbans,tahoes,yukons and escalades
but they have the 150k miles and up club.

go for it this truck will not let you down... GM always does best.. will be with me for another 200,000 k

xm leather onstar towing capabilitys truck frame

3rd row has to be pulled out but the 2015 model i heard is now fold down

oil consumption/transmission
By buddy77

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had issues with my 2007 Suburban using oil also. I bought it preowned. The documentation for my repair states: oil consumption issue J1307 15.30 (I assume this is a bulletin from GM).
The work order states, replaced all 8 pistons and ring sets with new head gaskets, intake, exhaust, found 5 scored push rods and replaced etc. Basically the engine was rebuilt at 88M miles but it was covered under warranty. NOW I just had to have the transmission rebuilt at 112M miles. No warranty for that. As crazy as it sounds my dream truck was a Suburban. This is the first one I have owned. It is basically a new truck now so I hope it lasts until I pay it off!!!