2016 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spark model:

Great price : Great car
By Roger

2016 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

Sparky to the Rescue!
By John King

2016 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

One of the lowest priced new vehicles one can purchased, yet it doesn't look like one or perform like one. I had MINI Cooper for 12 years and loved everything about it EXCEPT its fuel economy (much less than people think), propensity to break down, and cost of repairs (it's made by BMW). In less than a month I have fallen in love with my Chevrolet Spark. It simply does not feel like an economy car and it looks dashing! The engine is so quiet I have had to check a few times to see if it was still running (and it always was)! It is nimble to maneuver, cruises at 55-70 mph smoothly with no strain, the front seat was comfortable even for a 6 foot +, 300 pound man.

Would recommend this car to everyone I know!
By Unknown

2016 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2016 Chevy Spark brand new, 2 months ago, already has over 4,000 miles on it. If you are like me and drive everywhere, I would recommend this car to you. It costs me 16$ AT MOST to fill my tank, getting 42 MPG on average. I am a college student, working full time and this car is perfect for the situation I am in. Getting a brand new car at 12,000 is great. You are getting more than what you paid for. Only down side, roll down windows, no power locks and no cruise control. You'd think a car with such an enhanced electronic sound system would have these things. But hey, who can complain with a car getting 42MPG costing 16 to fill.

2016 Spark compared to a 2014 Spark
By Happy daughter!

2016 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

My daughter and I tried out a new 2014 Chevy Spark two years ago. We thought it was OK, but needed a big makeover and a lot of refinement. This year, we drove a new 2016 Spark, what a wonderful little car. I thought because she was a new driver, she should have something that was very safe! It has a great warranty, and easy to drive around town with great gas mileage. This car has safety features not found on most $30,000 cars. Parking assist, lane departure assist, frontal crash avoidance, ten airbags, including knee airbags, back-up camera and more. Fantastic ! 2LT model with all the extras. She paid $14,000 for a new car! It was absolutely worth it. She loves the car. She is single, and there is more than enough room in the car for extra people if need be. The gas mileage can't be beat! The insurance is low too. We could tell this was a great little car, quaility, quaility all the way, compared to the 2014 Spark. With all the options she has, a bigger car would cost at least twice as much or more. She has had it a week, and wants to drive everywhere. At one time she wanted a much bigger car for safety, but they don't have all those safety features on most bigger cars. A bigger vehicle would cost almost $20,000 used, and wouldn't have all the safety features, plus it would have 30,000 miles or more. For the price, she couldn't beat buying a "NEW" car.....and not having someone's used troubles!

Best Little car in the world
By t varga

2016 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

I love love love this little car. I got this car for gas mileage because I have to drive an hour to get any where and I needed to pay cash for it. Well worth the price. It might not have roll up windows but the drivers door locks and unlocks itself, It has automatic headlights, Ive never touched them . The sound of the stereo system is great for only having 4 small speakers I can make the windows vibrate. This is the first time ive had hands free calling. I fit very comfortable in the car but im short my husband being 6 ft does drive it and his only complaint is getting out because it sits low to the ground. And for anybody worrying about power thats just nuts, I zip around and up and down these hills in wv without a single problem,(you may call them mountains). And im getting way better fuel mileage than expected the best yet is 46.2 miles to the gallon, that was averaging 62 miles an hour. You will not be disappointed with this car. I think the people who are complaining are the ones that dont realize this is a small car not a large suv. I bought the green one its fun, sporty, and zippy I love this car.