Used 2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonic model:

Chevy mistake
By Cece Tinney

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Chevy now for 3 years going on 4 because unfortunately, I haven’t had the extra money to get rid of the piece of junk. The ONLY good thing about the car is the fuel efficacy other than that it is a cheaply made car buyer beware. Also, Chevy’s warranty on their products is ridiculous. The entire car is made of cheap dollar store plastic and does not stand the test of time which cars should.

My 2013 sonic
By J Brandow

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

It’s not a BMW, people, it’s an economy car! For an economy car i couldn’t be happier. My daughter and I drove ours 2000 miles in 5 days. I was amazed at how it handled at 80 mph, got 32highway mpg (it’s a ‘13). I’m 6’2 and had plenty of leg and cabin room. Turbo excellerates very well, lots of power, never felt cramped or restless at all. Love the fact that it fits anywhwere, moves around everything with ease, and a great “zipping around town” car. We have harsh winters, so a couple of sandbags hidden in the spare tire compartment helped a ton. Overall damn good car.

Very Fun to Drive
By B2653

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

When the vehicle is fully up and running, it is a very good car. It is very comfortable for long road trips. It does not feel like a sub-compact. The fuel efficiency is very good. I am able to get 44-45mpg on the highway (clear day with a temperature of 60F, E87 gas, 65-70mph, oil level at halfway mark on dipstick), 23-25mph in heavy stop and go traffic, and 27-31mpg in the city. The acceleration is very good and very responsive. The suspension and the handling are very good on this vehicle. I am able to stick to the road on very hard turns. The steering is very responsive. The stock tires were not very good in the snow. The car has a lot of useful features. This car is very fun to drive if there are a lot of turns.

The repairs that I had to do was replace a hose in the ac line (hole), air cleaner intake outlet duct (ripped in two locations), thermostat (stuck open), valve cover gasket (engine was overfilled and blew it), blower motor (squeaking), spark plugs (misfire), purge valve (very loud), and the map sensor (some error code). This is one car that it would be better to change the oil yourself. The person who changed the oil on my sonic overfilled it by 2L and I blew the valve cover because of it. If I did not replace the air cleaner intake outlet duct right away, then I would be having performance issues in the winter and also wear the catalytic converter faster. This car would have minimal repairs if it is maintained properly (unless very unlucky).

Worst chevy ever!
By Kaleigh

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Was lookING for affordable but reliable new car. Biggest mistake. 2013 have replaced thermostate 4 times in 1 year, no low oil, antifreeze light. Paint bubbling. All parts are cheap on the car. Nothing bUT problems and to avoid issues like this I purchased a brand new car.... mistake. Cheaply made not worth the trouble or the money.

If you want a horrible car, he is the one!!!!
By Alexis

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car 1 yr ago with 29,000 miles on it, and have had nothing but issues! I have been to dealer literally 18 times! Constant shaking and rough idle that they say is "normal". They have replaced an A/C hose of some kind, water pump, thermostat, camshaft position sensor, head gasket, and 2 motor mounts, stitching on rear seat and that's just what i can think of off the top of my head. It doesn't have a good throttle at all, but once you get going its fine. Really loud engine for such a small car, and gas mileage is crap! Cheap car in price, cheap car in quality. I guess you get what you pay for, but don't waste your money. Once the warranty is out your out of luck!!!!!