Used 2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonic model:

From a Jaguar to a Sonic
By bob yates

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback RS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just thought I would try a cheaper small car for a change,, it is fun to drive,, averaging 41 miles per gallon,,,

Great car but am worried about he future
By Jag

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Great little car bought it used with 39,000 miles I now have 59,000, it drives and runs great. But it's cheap. It had been running rough for a a while and I did some research and found two big holes in the air intake hose . Electrical tape fixed it up for now lol. But that worried me and also the transmission is hesitant and jerky at times. But I salt its first thing in the morning before It warms up. The thing that worrys me the most is will this car last for 10 years. It has so much electrical cool stuff that it's nice now but will it still be working 10 years from now. Idk lol. Oh and the seats are not too comfortable but they do the job lol. Besides that it's a great car. :)

A great little "Tow'd"
By Don Rasmussen

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this car because it can be towed behind our motorhome with all 4 tires on the road. It's simple to prep it for towing - one fuse to remove while towing. It tracks beautifully with the Blue Ox tow bar attached to the base plate on the car.
There is exceptional cargo space when the back seats are down.
The only negatives would be that sometimes it is difficult to remover the key from the ignition lock, and the back hatch door rattles some which I think is typical of hatch back cars.
Overall - a great little car.

Emission problem
By Sonny bumanlag

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Don't buy this car the warranty is not good after 3 years the car will break down emission problem check engine on problem eat a lot of gas when you put gas car dies if you want buy this car

Little Tank
By toklatpa

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 6'6" tall and I cannot get over the amount of room in this car nor can my passengers. Generous Leg and headroom and I can drive for hours with no fatigue. (I'm talking front seat, but I could really not care less about rear seat room, but few complaints there from passengers) Recently I hit a deer head on at 45 mph and the damage was minimal you have to look up close to see the damage, my insurance adjuster was amazed & stated that a Focus or other car in the same class would have needed towing. On this alone I will extol the virtues of this car. If you live in an area like Pennsylvania you are all too aware of Deer damage. The room and comfort of this car keeps me engaged with the road.

The Six Speed manual took some getting used to but the car is rabbit quick and evokes driving a VW GTI. The Turbo is amazing though not marketed as a performance item it is well worth the money. The paint is amazingly glossy and fit and finish is very good. I am getting up to an average of 47mpg Highway and 38 city on 87 octane and any minor complaints I have had have had (as with ANY new car) were quickly taken care of because I chose a very well respected dealer. I also like that it's American Made in Michigan and my purchase helped create jobs here (Unlike most other cars in this segment) I get compliments and questions often and I'm quite proud to drive it.

The 700 Dollar Mylink Stereo was a waste of money. It works better on the showroom than in real life, adding the MyGo Cell Navigation is useless unless you have the "right" phone (It needs a real navigation system). Needs a Real armrest or a second on the Passenger side. The Audio is too "up front" instead of the immersive sound I prefer. It also is not a pleasant experience driving with the windows down it buffets and flogs. The main complaint is the wheels and the rear end of the car get filthy, I have to stay up on washing and waxing. I also recommend mud flaps. I watched as the rear window coated in grime on the interstate during a rain/snow shower. All Minor things.