2020 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

$38,300

Save as much as $2,918
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

More power than I had hoped

Nikki, 11/03/2020
Custom 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.6L 8cyl 6A)

And pick me up a 2020 Silverado heavy duty with the new 6.6 L gas burner in it to haul my fifth wheel. It has done way better than I thought it ever would and my fifth wheel weighs 15,000 pounds. I would recommend this truck with this engine to anyone that toes gooseneck or fifth wheel towing

Beautiful Truck

Wausau Homes Mokena, 12/19/2019
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.6L 8cyl 6A)

Honestly, I've always owned Ford trucks - and I can say my experience has been pretty good. But after talking with Steve Sorensen from Phillips Chevy in Frankfort, I felt it was time for a change. The 2020 Silverado 2500 that we bought was EXACTLY what we needed for our business. I couldn't be more pleased with this truck and look forward to driving it every day. What an amazing experience, top notch service and incredible truck!!

Flawless so far

Mac, 08/18/2020
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.6L 8cyl 6A)

So far, after 7 months of daily use, and 22,000 miles, our Chev 2500 HD (z71, LTZ, crew cab, 4x4, 6.6 Duramax) consistently uses 1 gal of DEF per 1,000 miles, and gets 12-20 mpg depending on terrain, speed and what’s being towed. Our regular haul/tow is the combination of a 7500 lbs trailer and 2,000 lbs of gear in the cargo area, So far, everything has worked flawlessly. The 10 speed transmission is very smooth and dialed in. The driving experience is “sporty” for a HD truck, governed by a taut suspension ... i.e., very smooth and quiet on maintained surfaces but and very rigid over bumps and ruts. Engine noise is diesel-nice and in no way annoying (i prefer a quiet cabin on long drives). Steering in particular and handling in general are well calibrated, and body roll is minimal (some of these features are the consequence of the Z71 package). The cabin’s layout and materials incline toward functional and durable, but the space is also comfortable (though not soft or plush) and everything in the safety and tech categories work as intended (the cameras are great). While some folks are critical of the “ugly chrome grill” and the “dated interior,” not me. After living in and around the truck every day, so far i’ve found everything well executed and easy to live with.

Ad
Build Your Silverado HD
At a Glance:
  • 8 Colors
  • 2 Trims
  • $54,895starting MSRP
Build & PriceChevrolet.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges. Some colors are extra cost. See dealer for details.

DEF Hog

Dennis Pyle, 01/28/2020
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.6L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2020 Chevy HD2500 Duramax in Oct. 2019. Started a trip to California in mid Nov. towing 11,000 lb travel trailer. Used approximately 24 gallon of DEF for the round trip. Calculated was using a gallon of DEF every 135 miles or 7%. Usage seems excessive. Traveled I40 going out and I10 on return trip. Can't wait to see what the usage will be when I start across the Rockies this summer. Dealership and GM TAC says this is normal.

Best duramax to date

Happy mike, 02/01/2020
High Country 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.6L 8cyl 6A)

Pulls amazing with the new 10 speed automatic