Used 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

2016 bought used with 6000 miles on it
By Kenny

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab LTZ 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

So, I went from a 1999 that I bought new in 99, to a 2016. Without question the 2016 is quieter, more responsive and more comfortable. And mine does not shake. There is a lot I like about my new truck BUT, It does feel big compared to my 99 and it's so responsive in the steering that you just sneeze and your going in a different direction. Also, I can't seem to do better then 11 MPG and It's a 2WD. That, and I liked the storage, especially the overhead, better in my 99. With that said, I'm happy with my new Silverado. Great looks, comfort and the MyLink system is very cool. I also think that the 16 sits much better than the 14-15 model.

Marc's review
By Marc N

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab Custom 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

A lot of truck for the price

Love this truck
By Chris Becker

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab LTZ 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

I've owned the LT 5.3L V8, 4WD double cab, Z71 edition now for 10,500 miles and love everything about it. It looks great, drives great, pulls my 7x14 trailer just fine, and handles everything I've needed it to do. I enjoy the product and the confidence that comes with it. Very happy.

Extremely pleased with Silverado LTZ
By Tom

We traded in a 2016 Toyota Tacoma off road double cab for a 2016 Silverado LTZ. The LTZ has the 6.2L and 8 spd tranny. The Silverado get's better fuel mileage, more comfortable and is hands down a better truck than the Toyota. My family loves the cabin space, the layout, comfort and I like the smooth 6.2l and 8spd tranny combo. I've had the truck 3 weeks and have 2,500 miles on it and I'm impressed with the MPG's! Sub-zero temperatures and I'm getting 19mpg on the highway- better than my Tacoma ever did!

"Disappointed"
By d.hughs

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab Z71 LTZ 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

2016 truck has 2400 miles on it. Is the roughest ride I have ever had in a chevy pickup. Cant travel it because wife feels the truck is going to break down due to the vibration. Had it in the shop 7 times for shimmy(vibration) at medium and highway speeds. Shop changed tires , balanced several times. Nothing they did helped. Dealer told me it was the best they could do. I had several friends drive it and they came to the same conclusion. We all agreed to never purchase a Silverado and pass that statement on to others.