Used 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Garbage truck
By Rex

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

2016 crew cab 4x4. Now has 32k miles on it. This pos has spent more time at the dealership than in my driveway. Tranny shifts terrible. Chevy shake. Airbag issues . clunky tranny, lopy idle. I wanted to buy American made but Chevy is garbage and so are there dealerships. No solution to the issues, just the same old song and dance. Never again Chevy! I tell everyone I talk too, do not waste your hard earned money. TOYOTA POWER from here on out!

Run away
By P. WOOD

I have had this truck for a year, 3 trips to the service area for the truck just 930a dimly shutting off. Dealer claims nothing wrong with truck and can't do anything . We'll I can't keep driving it under these conditions with 2 children inside...

Nothing like driving a Bow Tie
By Steve P

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

Insure you know about all the different rebates, incentives and financing options. Dealers, on a rare occasion, has additional dealer cash they can place towards your purchase. I've been driving Silverados over 20 yrs, and have never had any major issues or problems with my purchases.

LTZ Z71 MIDNIGHT EDITION
By H. Thomas

I bought my 2016 Silverado LTZ Z71 MID-NIGHT edition in June of 2016. It was perfect for the first 2 months. After two months the transmission started to up-shift and down-shift really hard. I took it in to 3 different dealers they all told me it was normal after time the transmission would adapt to the way I drive and it would be smoth. Its been 1 year since I bought the truck and the transmission still shifts really hard. It is embarrassing to be driving a brand new truck and be so noisy while shifting from parking to drive or even while driving on the road. As far as fuel economy it does get good milage on the highway but you dont want to be stuck in city traffic. It is really comfortable and luxurious. I have read other reviews about how they say the truck vibrates alot, I think maybe road conditions have alot to do with it ? I drove my truck from california to Arizona and it was a smoth ride for the most part. Yet there is a couple highways where it does shake a little. Overall the truck looks amazing I get alot of compliments and heads turning when I drive around. I think you should buy at your own risk. I love my truck but hate the transmission problem Chevy needs to fix this Issue!

2016 LTZ
By David Cazares

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

I've had five brand new trucks before this one. A 2016 chevy Silverado LTZ is by far the worst truck I have ever had. Since I bought it, it have given me nothing but problems. I took it to two different chevy dealerships to get it fixed and they have not fixed it yet. (They identified the problem but they have no way to fix it yet. Some kind of [non-permissible content removed] with the gasoline) but the truck does not respond the way it should. I'm not only mad with the dealerships but I am even more upset with the company, GENERAL MOTORS. I notified them with the problem but they said "give us 48 hours to resolve the problem". They got back to me with the same [non-permissible content removed]. They said that they know what the problem is, but they don't know how to fix it yet. In the mean time I have to drive the truck the way it is, until they find a solution. I will definitely trade this truck for another brand after ten years of being a loyal customer of chevy. Just because of the way GENERAL MOTORS handles this kind of situation. -David Cazares