2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Don't buy a z71 4x4 silverado
By SSP

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Words cannot express my displeasure with my 2016 silverado z71. I purchased it brand new with only 10 miles on it. My first time on the highway was awful. This vehicle vibrates and shakes extremely bad. I took it back to the dealership and they told me it needed aligning, it was tire pressure from sitting on the lot, and even the suspension. I disagreed because it doesn't happen all the time. It rides good every now and then but for the most part it is horrible. I called the corporate office who stated that they have received numerous complaints about this and it was up to the dealership to get me out of it. The dealership has not worked with me and told me I was stuck with unless I accept the horrible offer they gave me to trade it in. I have never been more displeased with a vehicle as I am with this one. After the lies about the issues, I was told that is was operating as expected but yet their fliers read that they believe in making their customers happy. I am extremely upset with the performance of this brand new vehicle. DO NOT BUY ONE of these. I promise you will be as displeased as I am.

Great truck good deal
By Frank Mittel

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Haven't had the truck long enough to accurately rate, only 4200 miles, but pleased overall. Sticker was 47500 and purchased for 34900. Had to drive to Salt Lake City to get this deal. Best I could do locally was 41000. I have the short bed, 5' 8". This was not in the choices I had to select when I was putting this review together. I have the 5.3 V-8 and the All*STAR package. Mileage in town varies between 15.1 to 19.2 with an overall MPG of 23.3. I like the feature that reduces your engine use from 8 to 4 cylinders when you not need the power. I am curious as to how they can do that. Have not utilized all the features yet such as towing, 4WD, other transmission speeds, and a few more. For a Z71 with the LT trim package. I was surprised with all the features, duel climate control, etc. Need to get running boards but that's okay, I would rather the truck set high anyway. I have painted bumpers which I wasn't to sure about but they have grown on me and the overall appearance looks sharp. My only issue (especially with painted bumpers) is that it is very hard to judge how close you are to any barriers when parking head in, signs on poles, etc.

VIBRATION ISSUES!!! #chevyshake - Buyer beware!!!
By Jason J.

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab High Country 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

I bought a $60,000 Chevy Silverado High Country with 31 miles on it. I drover it around town and maybe up to 40 on the back roads. The truck was amazing and the look was great. Then I bought and drove it home on the highway and it shook and vibrated. They have rebalanced tires and made it worse. They are trying to put a better tire on it to lesson the vibration but there is NO fix. No disclosure when buying it. It shakes so bad it makes me sick, it could also be the fact I paid $60k for a truck that shakes more than my 2003 rust bucket Dodge did. Research it and educate yourself...BUYER BEWARE!!!

Luxury truck for me.....
By Jose Rodriguez

It was a good buy for !

Rattles my teeth
By joseph williams

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I love the looks of exterior and interior . I HATE THE VIBRATION OF THE CENTER CONSOLE AND THE PASSENGER SEAT. I hate the vibration felt in the steering wheel! My ford word truck has NONE of the vibration inside the interior