Used 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Let's talk SHAKES
By Tim

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

After I bought this truck used I found that the truck shakes at around 80 MPH. I took it to the dealer, no help really come on! I took it to a tire place to balance the tires it help but still unbearable. I almost traded it in on a new Ford, the Ford was ok but my payment would have doubled. I couldn't bear doing that. Then one day I took it to a high performance tire place, one that sells racing tires. I asked them to balance the wheels to as close to perfection as possible, even tipped them before starting the work. I got it out on the highway and refused to look at the speedometer, until I couldn't resist, holy cow I was doing over 90 mph. The shake is gone, the skies are blue and I saved myself something like $18k on a new truck. I hope this helps just one person. About the rest of the truck, it is great, go drive one.

My 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Experience
By champyun

For the step up from work truck to LT, this truck is everything the normal truck owner would need. I was very happy for the 4.5 years I owned this vehicle and never will waver from buying Chevy again.

Shaken not Stirred
By Dustin Heistand

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

ongoing vibration problem cant solve. replaced two rims rotated and balance tires twice. Vibration still persists at 60-70 miles and hour. GM knows this is a problem in the driveline however they can't resolve it.

Brake Issue at 25K on my 2014 Silverado
By Paul Kaminski

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Since purchase there have been 7 recalls. The truck is very comfortable but I find the V6 auto to be very sluggish shifting on the highway. The vehicle vibrates at highway speed. The major issue to report is a braking issue. The brake peddle became very stiff and would not stop the truck. I had to stand on the brake with both feet to get it to stop. And when it did, it locked up..no ABS, no pulse, locked up solid. The Truck is 3 years old and has 25,800 miles on it, I called the dealer we towed it to and they said, I quote..The warranty expired May 31st (Today is June 26th... so 26 days out). The estimate was 1900 bucks. Frustrated, I looked on line and found Service Note PIT5361 regarding the same problem. I will not buy another Chevy again, seems they really don't care about safety or quality..

why to buy