Used 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

DOD ruined these trucks.
By Nate

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my truck 3 years ago with 64k on it and it had a slight tap every now and the, quiet but audible. It came in spurts of 2 or 3 (tap tap tap) then it would go away for awhile. I brought it to a gm dealers attention and they told me it was injector noise. I always maintenanced the vehicle before the change oil light came on (around 9k). I changed the oil every 5k. At 94k i have to tear the engine to the block to replace the bs displacement on demand lifters, a problem that gm has had since they put this crap in their vehicles. Then the alternator went out at about 100k. Every 2k a sparkplug would crack the porcelin. It consumes oil, another thing gm knows about but refuses to do anything about. The truck may look pretty and be very comfortable to drive but its a unreliable POS i am a die hard chevy fan but this truck has ruined my faith in any new vehicle produced by gm, or any vehicle with DOD.

Poorly buily trucj
By Corey

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I havr had this truxk for years and have had nothinf but trouble. Wiring issues, mechanical issues, ac issues, the list goes on. Most of which were not covered in the manufacturers warranty, and now I know the reasons. Chevy knew there would be electronic issues when releases. I will be going back to Ford asap.

WILL NEVER BUY A CHEVY PRODUCT AGAIN
By linda and henry

Bought new--2010 Chevy 4 door Silverado---as to date it has 35,000 miles on it--we are retired- got the warrenty plus bought the xtended warrenty--it xpired 11-of 2015 today is 4-27-16 --my new tires I bought and replaced are worn out on the side-- had it in the garage today to check it out---the damn tierods need to be replaced -tires need to be rotated- and needs alignment--- this is totally insane----400.00 and so-cmething dollars-alled Chevy------too bad----we will never ever buy another Chevy product----my 2001 Ford Explorer is better than the truck -----beware-----of buying a Silverado----UPDATE---SINCE THEN THE GLOVE BOX LOCK BROKE AND THE REAR PASSENGER WINDOW WILL NOT ROLL UP FROM THE FRONT CONTROL BUTTON---THANKS CHEVY----

Chevy SOLD me On FOREIGN TRUCKS; Good Job!!!
By hworth06

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchase this truck with 56,950 miles on it, had it two weeks and the truck is so disappointing (I can't curse on here so I don't care to go into details...but if there is a such thing as a class action suit for this truck I'm jumping on it). All the negative reviews well deserved. I wanted my first pick up truck to be American made but after this experience and diving my company ford work truck, i know my next truck will a Toyota Tundra. So sad America got swept it the auto industy. Now I cringe watching these chevy comercials every 10 minutes pushing these wack trucks. Oh well you learn. #regrets

I do love the comfort of sitting in the truck, I do feel more macho as if possible, but when it moves all that's out the window. Feels like I'm riding in a haunted house with all the noise the transmission makes.

Better drive trains or transmissions. Not sure if that's one in the same, I'm no mechanic but I know Chevy trucks aren't all what their cracked up to be. Tanks cruise better these things.

Great Family Truck
By renoron

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased our 2010 Silverado from Michael Hohl in Carson City, NV because I wanted a 4x4.
Found this truck, and it's been comfortable and reliable with 18000+ miles on it, it is my vehicle of choice for road trips due to reliability, comfort, and gadgets such as USB port and ONSTAR.
Had a little Colorado before that, which was a sweet little truck as well. Sorry I had to trade it in.

4x4, z71 suspension, crew cab, USB port, height and design. This is a big comfortable truck that delivers decent mileage. Love the interior storage areas. (Upper and lower glove box) and side curtain airbags were the "seal the deal" feature.

Lower price and better gas mileage.