Used 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Silverado 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Chevy LIES about quality improvements!

Chevy JUNK!!!!!!!!!!, 05/28/2010
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

It was fresh off the dealer floor on 7/3/09. Has been my secondary vehicle for a year now. I just hit 5,100 miles and all the lifters now need to be replaced. The service tech states that the oiling system oils too much so it blows by the lifters blows out tons of white smoke out of the exhaust constantly. To make matters even more disappointing is the lack of a quality and robust 6 speed transmission, it has no clue how to pick a gear to stay in it. While driving if you make it downshift it will downshift and bring the engine to "Redline" or 6,000 rpm and stay there even if you take your foot off the gas pedal for at least 5 seconds.

Not what I was expecting from GM

joel1235, 09/08/2012
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased the truck used in November 2010 with 17K on it and the fun started about a week later. First my battery needed replacement, but then it spent a few days at the dealer looking for a popping noise they never found and is still happening. Next was a rough idle/check engine light. It was fixed a week later. Around 35K the transfer case needed replaced. At the dealer another week. This week the rough idle/check engine light thing started again(40K). An independent shop told me it was the same trouble code as last time, and that the problem was with the piston rings, and I may need a new motor. I wish I could go on, but I'm running out of space.

Classy Truck

Bill, 04/24/2017
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Silverado. My previous truck was an 07 LT 4WD extended cab. only real problem I had with that was the tire pressure sensors. Never worked right. Traded it in on my 09 LTZ 4WD and I couldn't be happier. This truck is at home on a night on the town or plowing through the mud on mountain roads of North Carolina. Had 65K miles when I got it and am at 110K now and still flawless. No mechanical issues whatsoever. Good power, great ground clearance and the ride is smooth, quiet and comfortable. My only complaint is the cost of routine maintenance. $400 to change spark plugs? Seriously? From now on routine maintenance will be done by my local mechanic and NOT at the dealership. I read about some of the problems others are having and I am not having any of those issues. Maybe I am just lucky. Hopefully this will be the last truck I will ever buy.

First Chevy Truck

Bill, 11/06/2010
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Owned Fords all my life and liked them. Used up a 99 Ford F 150 with Triton motor and needed another full size truck. Looked at all of them and decided to try my first Chevy and at 10,000 miles I'm glad I did. The new Chevy V8 with 8 to 4 cylinder technology and 6 speed automatic is getting me 20 mpg or better. Blown away by the gas mileage I'm getting with aggressive tires. Love the exhaust note of the engine. Far superior motor and transmission to my last F150 (Triton V8) and much better gas mileage. Very good ride in general and great truck for towing. The manual mode of the 6 speed transmission saves your brakes and the "tow" mode changes the shift points for better power.

Fantastic Truck and Amazing Value

TJ, 01/14/2009
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Some trucks did one thing better than the Silverado but none did everything as well. The technology involved with engine is amazing and the eight to four cylinder shift is not only seamless but transparent to the driver. Having small children I really appreciate the safety features. Although the truck was just picked up I have owned foreign full size trucks and the initial quality is every bit as good if not better.

12345...7