Used 1997 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used S-10 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Best pick-up I've had in years

Dave Simon, 05/07/2002
2dr Regular Cab SB

This is the best pickup I've ever had. I go through everything with it. I go up in the mountains about every month and it's a very smooth ride. I can go anywhere I go camping with the truck also.

Do not Purchase

BB, 02/28/2002
LS 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

The overall build quality is very poor. Had transmission in to repair twice; luckly during the warrantee. Interior rattles, squeeks, and parts have cracked. Rearview mirror has fell off several times, because the unit weighs 7-10lbs and the repair kit cannot hold it up. Emergancy brake has broke twice. Have trouble starting the vehicle several times when its damp and cold (left me strainded many times) mechanics cannot find out the problem.

1997 S10 2dr LS Regular Cab

Mawarikomi, 02/06/2009
LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my truck used from a dealer at 44k miles and took it only to 120k before I had enough. Quality was atrocious - interior panels cracked and fell off, mirrors fatigued and broke off. The truck would not start in humid (90%+), cold weather (especially 32-45F), really cold weather was fine. I got a head gasket leak at 80k and had to repair the tranny at about 110k (both those seem normal for the driving I did so not really a gripe). My brake lines blew out despite having been regularly inspected. Here's a positive note, the engine was awesome despite the head gasket and tranny. If the rest of the truck could have kept up with the engine the truck would have been a keeper.

Decent truck

Travis, 10/21/2009
LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've owned this truck since 2004 (I bought it with 120K miles) and I've put about 50K miles on it. Recently I've been using it to do a 400 mile round trip each week: its comfy for the long ride, its been reliable, and I regularly get between 22 and 25 mpg on these long trips. I've had no major problems with it. About 10K miles ago, the fuel gauge stopped giving an accurate reading (it drops rapidly and then hovers above empty). And simple maintenance is all but impossible because everything is packed-in tightly. Granted I'm not mechanically inclined... Installing a custom stereo was a pain-- the dash is hard to remove. I'd love to get a new car, but this thing just won't seem to die.

Low Price for Excellent Quality

squire46, 09/06/2002
LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

Chevrolet made an excellent small truck in 1997. The mechanical and structural aspects have stood the test of time. The engine and drive train have aged nicely without any major repairs. The engines hummes the same way as when I first bought it. It is an excellent vehicle for someone with light duty chores, but at the same time offers a smoother ride than more sedans.