Used 2002 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Malibu for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Should have been recalled...

Cathleen, 07/03/2007

I bought a used Malibu from CarMax a couple of years ago, and almost immediately had several problems with it not starting and needing antifreeze every few weeks. The Theft System was inappropriately making my car not start at random times, leaving me sitting for 10 minutes wherever and whenever, waiting for the system to restart. Also, the intake gasket will need to be replaced because GM used antifreeze that eats away at the gaskets in the engine. Check the Auto Beef website; I'm not the only one unfortunately. But other than these two BIG issues, the car is satisfactory in all other aspects.

halfway to greatness

DEVINU, 02/20/2003

Great sedan that may push GM to forefront of sedan market. Reliable & affordable yet still needs major improvements in order to capture the hearts of Americans. Can't wait for redesign for 2004 and hope they fixI fix braking system (all wheel disc), electronics(my turn signals stopped working at 60k) and refine the interior/exterior. This car is an excellant value which you will need if you plan to trade-in at any point. I recently traded my 99 ls with 94k and received only 3k. I bought a 03 Accord in order to balance out the 3k in negative equity. Total cost of vehicle over loan length is what counts!

Great value!

kbf, 03/09/2002

No problems yet. Transmission is slow to kick down in comparison to my past 96 Lumina but the speedo says that I'm moving with good acceleration. I read 8.6 sec. to 60 mph which is fairly good for this type of car. As with my past Lumina, great mileage or as we say in Canada kilometerage. (Just kidding!)

Malibu for me and you

Phranq, 03/10/2002

Overall the Malibu is an excellent car. The combination of roomy interior, accessories and V-6 make it a good value for the $. I now own 2 (2000 LS and a 2002 base with the 1SB package)

Future Baby's First Car

crenstrom, 05/25/2003

Since we went down to one car nearly 1 year ago we have been very satisfied with our choice of the Malibu LS. The interior is very comfortable. I'd recommend it as a reasonable alternative to anyone looking at a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry unless you plan on keeping the car for 15 years. The 3.1 engine is in many Chevrolet products. It has great performance, great ride, larger interior, and doesn't need 93 octane gas in the v6.