Used 1990 Chevrolet Lumina Consumer Reviews

$754 - $1,844

Used Lumina for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Sweet Magpie the Miracle Car

Slanball, 06/14/2006
4dr Sedan

I bought my Lumina for 800 and it had 150k miles on it. My intention was just to drive it into the ground and buy a better car. But, I have yet had the opportunity to junk this magical car. I've put about 35k miles on it and have had to do $0 worth of work to it. Sure it leaks oil, has terrible shocks that I wont replace, and looks bad, but this car has literally saved me thousands of dollars that I didn't have.

Big Blue

steve malroy, 04/04/2003
4dr Sedan

I have enjoyed my 1990 Lumina from the start. It always starts and runs like a champ. It gets me to where I need to go with a little sportiness and responsive, powerful 3.1. Now with 124,600, its not as good as it was new, but still will put you into your seat when you want to get up and go.

never a problem

allthatndoritoes, 01/08/2003
2dr Coupe

Of all the years I've drove this car I never had any major problems. I've had the fuel pump go but that was all. The car is roomy, comfortable and has an good trunk size.

Its a reliable car! But....

My Lumina, 03/26/2003
Euro 4dr Sedan

My lumina is not in the best shape... when I bought it everything was great... however I never really took care of it. The 3.1L engine is very easy to fix. I got into a car accident, and totaled the other car, my Lumina started up, and drove away. I aslo had an experience with water, the water was all the way up to the bottom of the doors, and engine was partly submerged, it started JUST GREAT!!!! And ran awesome! However I have a transmission leak, and have heard that it is pretty common for my model Lumina.