Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

Used Impala for Sale
Select your model:
12345...42

Pros
Cons

No more

No more, 09/22/2010
LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car because we wanted a sporty family sedan. The car looks great in the red with the large wheels but that's really the only upside. We've owned over 30 vehicles over the years and this has to be the worst. Problems started right away. Door locks stopped working, the CD player stopped working, the ABS/ traction control has had problems 2 different times. Of course now that everything is fixed it has a pretty substantial coolant leak. Maybe we got a lemon, but this car is truly a disappointment. I think we're done with GM. Our 06 fusion has been perfect through 80k miles and this car has serious problems with only 40K miles on it.

Regret buying this car!!!

alsaims123, 02/19/2015
LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my impala used from carmax. Bought it with 29k on it in 2011 since buying it i have had to replace transmission with 42k then front and rear head gaskets before the 50k manufacturer warranty was up. Since then used the carmax warranty to get the rear window defrost wiring replaced. The warranty's are all up, scared to see what is next. Granted i feel lucky compared to some of the issues people have had to done to their impala. Still have issues with the cd player, driver seat doesn't go up and down like it should. Won't buy another chevy car again.

Getting my moneys worth.

brad1992, 02/02/2013
LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 impala LT 3.5 VVT in the cold Michigan winter of 2011 with 47000 Miles. The day after I bought it we had a 12 inch snow fall , thus making it near impossible to drive. However, at the time I was a Corrections Officer so it was imperitive that I make it to work. So I bundled up and braved the cold and, icy roads. This car was excellent on my commute. It never gave me any issues other than the traction control limiting the ammount of power I could supply to the wheels. I am proud to say I now have 80000 miles on this automobile and other than replacing the gas cap, battery and, two tires I have not had to do anything to it. I would def. purchase this car all over again.

Reliably Rapid

Dave, 12/10/2009
SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My car was a rental for its first 20k miles. After 1 year and 17k more miles, all I've done is keep the oil changed. The cylinder deactivation gives highway economy of 27mpg with the cruise set on 70. It drops to about 17 in town. A friend with a Bentley Arnage commented on how nice the interior is! All that and outstanding acceleration to boot. The look of despair and surprise on a Honda "tuner" face in the rearview when the light turns green is priceless :) This car is a keeper.

Head gasket problem?

LD, 11/13/2010
LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought one owner 56 K miles one owner, Rides drives great. Power 3500 V6 is well matched to car.MPG great in town 20's highway 29 and up. Runs quietly handles well tire wear good so far.Long trips do well. Over all like very well.Past car 3800 V6 Olds little more power.Should used it not the 3500 V6.Its a proven engine,Now 58K miles head gasket seems to be seeping antifreeze. does this problem have a history ? May need a new head & gasket !And rear elec door activator needs replaced already.$300 WOW $$ Hope have not got a bad car I do like it well.Had hoped it would be last car I needed i'm 72 years old now.Thinking should run over 120 K miles for me . I pray it will.

12345...42