Used 2004 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 283 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

P.O.S. '04 Impala
By Notta GM fan

2004 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Got it used w/24k on it. Since I have had it I replaced two wheel hubs ($400 each), replaced instrument cluster assembly ($500... gas gauge had stopped working), replaced two heater cores ($900 each), replaced heater control head so the heat could actually get out the vents ($500), ABS light coming on ($1000), replaced steering shaft (warranty), ETC!!

Roomy. Stereo sounds nice.

Too many to enumerate.

Last Chevy I Will Ever Buy
By bernard

2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Speedometer went out at 66,000 miles ($379.93). Light went out on climate control, have to replace whole unit ($336.60). Sometimes windshield wipers don`t work at all. Or won't shut off. Service Traction System light comes on occasionally, then does upon restarting. It seems to me that there is some kind of electrical issue with these cars, as many people experience the same problems.

3.8 Supercharged provides good power.

Don't Buy This Car

THE MONEY PIT!!!!!!!!!!
By Erica

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had issues with the security sensor going hay wire, I have installed 2 water pumps in the past 2 yrs, breaks are an annual thing because they are being warped somehow, my battery keeps dying due to some kind of short that has not been found so I had to purchase a battery charger and charge my battery every 2 weeks to make sure I can crank the car and now my transmission is slipping and slamming when I reverse. This car rides smooth however between my annual expenses I have had more bad days then good with this car. Once I get the transmission fixed I am getting rid of this car unless I can get rid of it before then.

Trunk Space and Speaker Quality

GM needs to recall the entire car and refund the owners who have spent so much money to repair the vehicles. These vehicles are crap!

Horrible
By Never Again

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2004 new with maybe 500-1000 miles on it. They had to replace the dashboard, carpet, starter and thermostat while it was still under warranty. Now that it is not and I own it, it is falling apart. I have just replaced the thermostat and now they are saying it may need a new radiator.

I like the size and the trunk is a great but not worth the hassle.

I have no idea where to stop because I don't know where my repairs are going to end. I guess that is why I see so many of them on the road, apparently GM was giving them away!

OUTSTANDING CAR
By robert

2004 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

O my gosh where to start it rides smooth looks clean love the body style chorm wheels, the only problem is the dang traction light and the check engine light keeps coming on when the weather change, kind confess other than that love it to death.

wheels , the body style , gas mileage and the sporty look

do something about the bugs in the warning light , traction you could do away with having68.191.182.50 it hook up to the abs is not good , don't know where to start at to fix the problem