Used 2004 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 281 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

THE MONEY PIT!!!!!!!!!!
By Erica

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had issues with the security sensor going hay wire, I have installed 2 water pumps in the past 2 yrs, breaks are an annual thing because they are being warped somehow, my battery keeps dying due to some kind of short that has not been found so I had to purchase a battery charger and charge my battery every 2 weeks to make sure I can crank the car and now my transmission is slipping and slamming when I reverse. This car rides smooth however between my annual expenses I have had more bad days then good with this car. Once I get the transmission fixed I am getting rid of this car unless I can get rid of it before then.

Trunk Space and Speaker Quality

GM needs to recall the entire car and refund the owners who have spent so much money to repair the vehicles. These vehicles are crap!

Horrible
By Never Again

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2004 new with maybe 500-1000 miles on it. They had to replace the dashboard, carpet, starter and thermostat while it was still under warranty. Now that it is not and I own it, it is falling apart. I have just replaced the thermostat and now they are saying it may need a new radiator.

I like the size and the trunk is a great but not worth the hassle.

I have no idea where to stop because I don't know where my repairs are going to end. I guess that is why I see so many of them on the road, apparently GM was giving them away!

OUTSTANDING CAR
By robert

2004 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

O my gosh where to start it rides smooth looks clean love the body style chorm wheels, the only problem is the dang traction light and the check engine light keeps coming on when the weather change, kind confess other than that love it to death.

wheels , the body style , gas mileage and the sporty look

do something about the bugs in the warning light , traction you could do away with having68.191.182.50 it hook up to the abs is not good , don't know where to start at to fix the problem

Don't Buy Impala
By don't buy impala

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Security Light comes on and car won't start for 10 min. Started once a month now 2 times a day. Talked to Chevy but no solution and no hope for a recall. Looked on-line for solution and found many people with same problem. They only have temp solution for $800 or more. This problem is a safety issue and needs to be recalled. Are you listening Chevy?

Good radio but wont play MP3 as advertised. CD's come out very hot when ejected.

Recall and Fix the Security issue.

GONE!
By happyitsgone

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The car had a nice feel like a older full sized car. The quality was horrible i have never had a car that required more repairs and was on a downhill slide then that car. Fuel regulator, wheel studs, water pump, transmission, etc... The resale value was horrible, just recently got rid of it and purchased a nissan.

The ride when i first purchased it was nice like a comfortable full sized car.

Quality, never have i had a vehicle turn into junk before my eyes like this vehicle. I guess that's why this style and vehicle are no longer are offered from GM.