2018 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Smaller everywhere
By B j l

2018 Chevrolet Equinox L 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The sun visors have been cut so small they dont block the sun anymore.

Rain may cost more
By retired mason

2018 Chevrolet Equinox Premier 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

LOW air intake MAY take in water IF going though water. With all the rain we had is is necessary to go though water, however this did cause my car to quit and cost $$$$$$$$ to repair. water did mix with oil

New design went backwards.
By Chris

2018 Chevrolet Equinox Premier 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

As people get larger why do the car makers make the seat smaller? We have had several Equinox beginning with their first year out. Last one was an LS fully loaded 2014. My wife recently leased a 2018. First we noticed was the front seats were 5-6” shorter. Why? Also the back of the front seats were narrower? This makes for an uncomfortable ride especially on long trips. I have a 2010 Traverse and the front seats are wonderful. It’s like sitting in a Lazy-Boy when driving. I would have to guess the front seats of the 2018 Equinox were fashioned for someone under 135lbs or less. I sure hope GM goes back to larger seats as we are already talking about looking at other brands when our lease expires due to this problem.

2018 Chevy Equinox Diesel
By TJ13

2018 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I went from driving a 2014 Chevy Sonci RS Hatchback to a 2018 Chevy Equinox Diesel. I decided on diesel due to the MPG, and the amount of driving I do daily. This car has been great. I am getting 40+ combined MPG. I have put 8000 miles on this car in 4 months. My only complaint is that it never ReGened. I got an error message the my engine power has been reduced ( can't go above 20 MPH) and then the check engine light came on with the message that it was trying to ReGen. Vehicle cannot regen under 35 MPH. Car was continuously driven until the Regen message went away but engine power did not resume and check engine light was still on. Took car to dealership, again only 4 months old. They had to do a manual regen, change out the DEF fluid, and replace a sensor. Tried to tell me that I stopped in the middle of the regen hense messed it up. This is not true. The dealership also let it slip that while the car is regenning, you will get no notification. So how am I supposed to know to keep driving? I can't do something that i don't know if happening.

Equinox
By Vince

2018 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Equinox love the style. Great looking car. Have 5000 miles in two months. Trips too Philadelphia and Boston from our home in South Carolina. Great gas mileage. Very comfortable ride but. Riding on 95 through North Carolina lost power and lights came on in the dash board. Then went off. Made it home but scary. Took it to the dealer they said no codes. But they did change the inter cooler for the turbo. So far so good.