Used 2015 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

stay away !!!!
By felicia.m

2015 Chevrolet Equinox L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

bought a used 2015 chevy equinox 82,000 miles have had the car for 3months the car keeps turning off on me while driving!!!! i took it to a shop they said it needs an oil change and it should be ok..really?? oooookay so will this happen next time i need an oil change? they said no ..very confused on what the problem was i mean cars dont just turn off on you ?! so i took it same day got an oil change..... driving back to normal 4 days later i was in a drive through and it stalls twice (thankfully i was down the street from work ) i drove my car to my job and before i could even park it stalled ...now that im doing research im finding that there are tons of people with the same DANGEROUS problem ... why chevy has not recalled this is crazy to me so i am now stuck with this piece of junk i spent my hard working money on seems like no one knows the problem which is ridiculous i will be trading/returning this in i refuse to put my life or others in danger....i liked to think chevys were good cars now i cant see myself buying any chevy brand again.. chevy do the right thing and recall this car!!!

Piece of Junk!!!!!
By Victoria Nelson

2015 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2015 Chevy Equinox brand new. I have had nothing but trouble since i drove it off the lot! I have had transmission problems 5 times. I have been in the middle of traffic going 65 and my engine just shuts off! Yesterday once again my engine light comes on. Now my air conditioner isn't working. I wouldn't wish this car on my worst enemy!

Awesome Car!
By Wally L.

2015 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car has delivered what I paid for. The dealership has been outstanding. I would revomend this car to anybody.

2015 rust bucket
By Rebecca

2015 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my car in June 2015, brand new. Now, not even 3 years later and only 26,000 miles, it's rusting...yes rusting. On the rear hatch and also the bottoms of 2 doors. Come to find out this is a common problem that my dealer actually said to me " we can't tell you how many of these Equinoxes are coming in for body repairs already due to rust." They said it so nonchalantly. Well I paid $25,000 not even 3 years ago and I'm extremely disappointed that it's rusting! Love the vehicle otherwise.

Impressive, even for an V8 truck driving owner
By Leonard S.

2015 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This vehicle was gifted to my wife and I from my father when he decided he wanted a GMC Canyon PU, so there is the first plus. He gave it to us with 10K on the clock and over 90% was highway miles. My wife drives it 99% of the time. The only complaint I have is getting into it and having the duck my head to keep from knocking my noggin on the roof pillar. I'm 5-10, but my wife is 4-10 so she has no problems. The seats and mirrors change quickly to our preferences. The couple of times I drove it I made two highway trips, the first one was 300 miles, the second, 200 miles. Being an owner of a full size Silverado V8, I was impressed on how well the Equinox accelerated to get on the freeway (for an 4 cylinder) with minimal lag and the up-shifting is seamless and imperceptible. Averaged 30 mpg on the open road.The ride is comfortable and quiet. The cruise control had no problem maintaining the speed, even on hilly roads. Still have to get used to the info center but to me that is a bunch of fluff. I'm old school, so cruise control, AC and a good stereo is all it takes to make me happy. If you're looking for a hotrod version, get the V6, but for us with my wife generally using it to commute in the city, it is a great all around vehicle. If Chevy keeps it up, I'll definitely own another one.