Used 2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 158 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Oil, Gas HOG
By B. Bidelspach - Retired PSP

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased vehicle 2 years ago at Chevrolet Dealership In Altoona, Pa. 25,540 miles. Really like vehicle BUT - October 2016 the oil light flashed and message read pull over, check oil. Pulled over checked oil and it appeared no oil on stick. Drove to Kmart across from pull off. Had oil changed and continued home. Checked vehicle file at home, received letter Dated August 2015 from GM for excessive engine oil consumption! Went to dealership, contacted GM. Authorized by GM to correct problem at no expense. Repair ("PISTON RING WEAR"). Picked up vehicle at GM Dealer. NO CHARGE! Drove vehicle for few days, notice gas consumption decreasing. Vehicle instrument read gas mileage 10 - 15 MPG! Returned to Dealership and telephoned GM. No warranty for new problem! Out of my pocket! WILL YOU NOW BUY A CHEVY! Present mileage on vehicle 39945 miles.

STOP SELLING THIS CAR
By D.Cole

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car used a little over a year ago and i've hated since a month after. I noticed a month later that the car was ticking when you turned on the heat. Over time the the ticking/knocking got louder and then the car started shutting off constantly. We took it and and was told that the timing chain needed to be fixed ($1400) while there we were told the exhaust manifold had a huge crack in it and needed to be fixed (another $600) so we payed to fix them. then the battery died. leaving me and my child stranded. Next issue the car eats oil so quick. We have to put oil in the car almost every 30 or it goes completely dry. I mean bone try... like how does that happen? we keep up with oil changes and everything. and it doesn't help with the amount of oil that burns from this stupid car. next issues.. now the a/c blows hot air (its summer time here) so we have to ride with the windows down. Also the amount of gas this thing runs through.. omg... ugh.. i can't wait to get rid of this awful car. it is the absolute worse. ABORT MISSON!!! DO NOT BUY THIS P.O.S!!!

Don’t buy this car!
By Michaela Kemp

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I’ve not even had this car(2011 Chevy equinox) for a year. Already have had to replace my catalytic converter twice, and now my exhaust manifold needs replaced. Ive also replaces the entire ac unit. I’ve dropped $1800 on my car and I only paid $8000 for it. My check engine light always comes on and I’ve had it in and out of the shop almost every month since 4 months after owning it. I’m really regretting buying this car

Worst Vehicle I've Ever Purchased@
By Kymberli

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

If you are considering a 2011 Chevy Equinox, ABORT MISSION. This is a terrible car!!! I used to own a 2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Addition that had 2 transmissions go out on me... I'd rather take that back and give them this piece back!!! I paid TOO MUCH MONEY for this car. I've had it for 1 year and 1 month now, and this was the worst decision of my LIFE! I called 3 times in one day in order to hear back about my warranty... it took them 4 hours to return my phone call! FOUR HOURS!!! I am a mother. This was supposed to be my safe and reliable vehicle. Joke is on me I guess!

Excellent value, mostly reliable
By Bob C.

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Good car to own and operate for 7.5 years. It's been a good buy, good value, reasonably comfortable and mostly reliable. One major engine (cylinders) issue caught under warranty and covered. Entire a/c system has failed and been replaced, as well as main computer, as it neared 100k miles (105k now).