Used 2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Worst Vehicle I've Ever Purchased@
By Kymberli

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

If you are considering a 2011 Chevy Equinox, ABORT MISSION. This is a terrible car!!! I used to own a 2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Addition that had 2 transmissions go out on me... I'd rather take that back and give them this piece back!!! I paid TOO MUCH MONEY for this car. I've had it for 1 year and 1 month now, and this was the worst decision of my LIFE! I called 3 times in one day in order to hear back about my warranty... it took them 4 hours to return my phone call! FOUR HOURS!!! I am a mother. This was supposed to be my safe and reliable vehicle. Joke is on me I guess!

Excellent value, mostly reliable
By Bob C.

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Good car to own and operate for 7.5 years. It's been a good buy, good value, reasonably comfortable and mostly reliable. One major engine (cylinders) issue caught under warranty and covered. Entire a/c system has failed and been replaced, as well as main computer, as it neared 100k miles (105k now).

7 years with 2011 Equinox
By Ronnie S

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I own a 2011 Equinox that I purchased new. I have to admit to being partial to Chevrolet, but I have enjoyed owning this vehicle. Most people that write reviews are only going to tell you about their bad experienced. As with anything 7 years old it has had an issure or two, but nothing that I would consider out of the ordinary. I recently purchased a 2017 and gave the keys to my 2011 to my son. Recently, he said there was a noise being made by the engine.I cranked it and immediately recognized the noise as lifters rattling.I checked the oil and there was no oil showing, I put in a quart, and it still showed no oil on the stick, so it was really low. It had 5700 miles on the oil change, which is 700 miles more than I usually allow in a change. We took it to the dealership and had the oil changed and they informed us, this was a problem with this engine. They asked us to bring it in 3 separate times, at 1k intervals, and if it showed that it was using more than 1 quart per 2k miles, they would repair it. Fortunately for us, this past week, they replaced the pistons, rings and timing chain and all related gaskets. The Equinox had 118k miles on it, and we trust the problem is fixed. We have heard, that the company that supplied the pistons, had some sort of teflon coating on them, that flaked off after a while, which contributed to the ring wear. Everett Chevrolet in Hickory NC, and Chevrolet itself was gracious in helping us solve the problem. Yes I own a 2017 and will buy another

Worse car ever
By Rob

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

It's all about problems on this car. I bought brand new and so far i had 6 major fixes. The last one out of my pocket: 1) oil leak at 7K miles 2) freon leak at 10K miles 3) oil deep stick dry every 2K miles when it had 30K miles. GM would consider that normal 4) burning oil continued at 50K miles and GM issued a recall. They replaced the timming belt, and leaky fuel pump. 5) burning oil continued so they replaced cylinders, rings and spark plugs. 6) at 70K miles car shut with engine loss power alarm and engine alarm. I had to pay 930 dollars to replace throttle box and 2 cam solenoids. I called GM and they will not issue additional warranties. What is next???????? THis is a car that will break and have to trash under my budget. Please DONT BUY GM. They are a piece of garbage. I was reading everyone that has this problem on chevy equinox. How is it possible that GM is allowed to sell this car? Does it meet the EPA standards????? I doubht it...

Dont buy this crap!!
By Peeded off

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

2011 bought new..4 motors!! The factory and 3 used motors!! Fuel economy inaccurate as well!