Used 2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

2011 Equinox Woes
By Dean S.

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Go with something else. Good comfortable SUV but engine problems, vibration issues, and nobody at Chevrolet had any answers to my questions that I felt were satisfactory. Clunky shifting from P-D, D-P, etc. and I'm told that is normal. Ok but it only started after the engine had exhaust leaks, which caused the catylitic converter to go bad later (conveniently after warranty) and still have major performance problems. Never again with GM.

2011 Equinox air bag problems-vehicle not safe
By Barry McClorey

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have a 2011 Chevy Equinox. About 6 mos. ago, the "service air bag" light came on. I took it to local mechanic. He could do nothing so I brought it to Chevy. They analyzed it gave me a price of over $600.00! I asked why isnt this a recall because its a life safety issue, and they couldnt answer me (I could tell the guy at the desk was embarrassed) By the way, the air bag isnt working because of this trouble light. I googled it and, what do you know, hundreds of complaints out there with the same problem. Looks like not enough people killed yet for Chevy to open their wallet. If you want to keep your family safe, stay away from Chevrolet. Barry McClorey

Lemonade
By Lemonade

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle a 2011 LS Equinox used with 54,000 miles about eighteen months ago and now the engine just down on its own and later find out I need this engine which is 2.4 liter need to overhauled for a price of $5000 at GM dealership.

DONT THROW YOUR $ AWAY
By AMY SALISBURY

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2011 chevy equinox in january 2016 from a dealership. I now was left stranded on the side of the road due to a bad transmission! Still owe $9,628 and when i called gm there response was their's nothing they can do. Unbelievable! Never had a worse experience. I have already had to $1,500 in recently at a dealership due to a timing chain skipping and also a solenoid not to long after my purchase due staling out on a highway.

semi reliable car
By quinn camacho

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I'm not going to lie, I love my car. I've had it for two years now and its only recently started to give me trouble. given that it's going on 8 years old I think that it's about time for it to have some issues. the only thing I really don't like about this car is the mpg. i can barely manage 22-25mpg which is not what was advertised. besides that it's a sturdy car. been in a couple of accidents that voice been worse in a different car.