Used 2017 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback Consumer Reviews

Used Cruze for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Love this car

Mike, 02/16/2017
LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Admittedly, this is my first new car so I may be biased. I previously drove a manual 02 Golf. The standard backup camera is amazing (first time having one) and the screen is huge. I use Apple CarPlay regularly. I was a bit worried about the auto stop/start as it has been listed as a con of this car. Honestly, I've never been in the situation that it does not start by the time my foot is on the gas. It starts so quickly that I don't even notice it; I would list this feature as a pro and not a con. It's a very smooth ride. Acceleration is decent but when the turbo kicks it feels pretty fast (compared to my golf). Not sure of fuel economy yet. I did see that at one point it listed 39 mpg as the best I've gotten but I hear you need to let it break in before getting accurate readings. Love the cargo space (as does my dog) and I actually keep the seats down most of the time with a blanket in the back. I really love the interior; feels pretty luxurious for a car of this price but again, I'm coming from an 02 Golf. The only con is that it feels a bit top heavy around turns compared to the Golf. I see that Chevy has a new suspension kit to make it a little bit stiffer; I might install that soon. Having a button for an ignition took some getting used to (convenience package) but now I'm a fan.

2017 LT hatchback

Tom Bradder, 11/14/2016
LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Highlights: I drive pot hole infested roads up a mountain to work and the suspension soaks up the craters and cracks like a champ. Transmission is unexpectedly smooth as well. I also like the diesel-like throttle mapping, as it allows you to drive very smoothly and efficiently. But if you need to speed up in a hurry, you feel that turbo kick in with a lot less lag time than other diesels I've driven. The cabin is very well muted for its class. The amount of technology you get for the price is also impressive. I have the convienence package as well. The steering has a nice balance of responsiveness and road feel. I would have expected something a lot more numb feeling and sloppy. The rear legroom, though I don't have passengers often, is FAR larger than expected. Tall people can sit in the backseat even with the front seats pushed back. Cons: None. This car feels like a great value and seems to punch above its weight in terms of its luxury-like smoothness and solid feel.

Good car for tall guy

Bill Rawlins, 05/24/2017
Premier 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Several good points with our 2017 Chevy Cruze Premier Hatchback: 1) Though my wife is the main driver, I can fit in it comfortably at 6'6". Try that with a Ford Escape on a long trip. 2) Very peppy. The 1.4L Turbo has a lot of power - sufficient for us. 3) The ride is super-smooth, like a big luxury car; probably because the Premier model has a Watt's suspension. 4) We use the Apple Car Play with our iPhones and Apple GPS. My wife buys the unlimited wifi and streams Pandora through the Bluetooth interface. .... The Auto-Stop can be a bit annoying, but you can keep it from kicking in by braking slowly. Pay a little extra for a higher model like the Premier and get the cruise control, seat warmers, rear cup holders, etc. ... Have had no problems so far - Knock on wood!

Smart Hatch

jlo30324, 11/08/2016
LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was in the market for a car with a great cargo space and good gas mileage. The Cruze Hatch met those requirements plus it has a great interior. The road noise is minimal and after a 600 mile road trip, it got great gas mileage that equaled the EPA numbers. Yes, the auto start-stop does take some time to get used to but it is not intrusive and does not engage in stop and go traffic. Surprisingly the back seats has more leg room than the SUV I traded in, even for someone sitting behind me with my long legs. The one issue is that the headrests do block a lot of the rear vision out of the back window. I really did not notice this in the daytime but at night on the expressway, it is something to be aware off. But all in all, I am happy with it and one of my coworkers liked it so much he got one too.

It's still a Chevy

NoGMOs, 08/10/2018
LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The last time I owned a Chevy was 20 years ago. That was when I bought a Subaru, which lasted the 20 years, with few complaints. The only reason I did not buy another one is they moved out of my budget. The last Chevy I owned, I had to work on it every weekend so I could drive it during the week. Chevy's quality has improved dramatically, except there is still driver window air noise, and the paint is still suspect, scratches too easily and with 6 stone chips in the hood already ( 13 months), and no I don't follow gravel trucks. The trunk space is lacking, can't fit golf clubs without the back seats down. The good? The mileage is phenomenal, 41 mpg+ on the highway, 33 mpg combined. I got the Bose sound system, and it of course provides great sound. It is quite comfortable, and drove several hours on a road trip with no seat fatigue. They could put a 3 sec. delay in the Auto-Stop feature, for when a stop is only temporary, but you can crawl through a stop sign or kick it in neutral if you want to by pass it. I think this would be a better car for a young person, as it has all the communications you could ask for, I think. It has good acceleration, handles well except in deep snow, and is fun to drive. ***2020 update*** I now have 25,000 trouble free miles on my Cruze hatchback. I put 5500 miles on from two road trips. The mileage is still excellent, actually achieving 55 mpg on long, flat, straightaways. Nice touring car! After putting a bug deflector on, I have not had anymore stone chips in the hood. The resale value seems to be holding up now, probably because more people are discovering the value in this car.***2021 Update*** Still going strong four years after purchase with no issues!

12345...6