Used 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews - 134 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

The little Turbo that makes me smile
By Concrete Daddy

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Right off the bat, this 4 cylinder motor with a little Turbo always brings a SMILE to my face when I step on it! My wife has confidence to jump on the freeway and outrun the Big Rigs at the onramps and it gets excellent fuel economy (close to 30 mpg around town). With over 60,000 miles logged, its never needed Brakes! We have replaced all 4 tires at 40,000 miles, the Battery most recently, and run Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil...that's ALL! Very impressed with how well the paint, interior and suspension have lasted, as well. We got the extended warranty while purchasing it brand new, but it's been the most reliable vehicle we've ever owned. Once my Colorado was worn out, we bought another Cruze LT, a 2016 Limited and look forward to having the same awesome experience with it!

Buyer beware
By Debra

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car new in 2012. In February of 2017 the transmission went. The car was out of warranty by approximately 3000 miles. The dealership told me i would have to pay for the rebuilt transmission, which i did. I then filed a complaint with chevy and was told they couldnt do anything about it because i had already paid for the repairs. So now 18 months after Lunghamer Chevrolet fixed the transmission it is shot again. I again called Chevy and was told they couldnt do anything about it. DON'T buy a 2012 cruze!!

Great car!
By Max

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I loved my Cruze! I owned my Cruze for roughly 3.5 years until I totaled it when I hit a deer. I travel a lot for work (+/-30,000mi/yr) so I always look for a car that gets great gas mileage, and the Cruze was the one. Frequently I’d be getting upper 30s and low 40s for my mpgs and could go well over 500 miles per tank. Really no complaints, handled great in all types of weather. I would definitely reccommend it!

Trouble tranny
By Michael botelho

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Transmission is bad and dealer won't help was always slow shifting and now at 71000 miles tranny blew it's only $3,700 But my dealer thinks it's ok for transmissions to go before 100,000 miles

Best car I ever owned
By M.Storm

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my car new with only 10 miles on it and I still own it 6 yrs later. I never once had an issue. It still looks awesome and runs like the 1st day I drove it. I love my car.