Used 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Corvette for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Manual or Auto?

Taxguy, 08/27/2016
Stingray w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I recently traded in my LT1 2015 with 8 speed auto for a 2016 with 7 speed manual. I've always been a manual transmission guy with my sports cars and auto for the family sedans. I bought the automatic believing the paddle shift would simulate the manual experience. After almost two years of driving, I can say that the automatic doesn't deliver the classic sports car "feel." The downshifting is where I mostly notice the difference. The manual transmission Vette is a very different experience. I now feel that I'm really driving the manual Vette, not just putting the car in Drive and aiming it. I do mostly around town driving, so rarely get the car out of fourth gear, so constant shifting is not a hassle. The transmission shifts smoothly once I got used to the stiff clutch and found the correct shift points. So, if you're shopping for a Vette, my advice is to try both transmissions before you buy. FOLLOW UP: Sprang for a 911 since this review. MSRP exactly double the Vette's. And, it is auto--the well engineered "PDK" system by Porsche. This is much closer to a manual than the Vette's, plus the Porsche quality vs Chevrolet build. However, for the money, the Vette is an outstanding value, You won't lose much when it is time to sell a C7 unless you got one loaded with overpriced bells and whistles. Example : Color matching brake calipers for $600. Get real. But the option prices on the 911 are even worse.

Gets Better Every Day!

Will, 05/03/2016
Stingray Z51 w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

After a year my Stingray seems to get better with time. It's a blast to drive and now that winter is over, the open air option of the targa top adds to the delight of having it! My wife and I went to the launch for the new Panamera a couple weeks ago. The valet parked us between a 911GT3 and GT4. Very interesting that the dimensions of the cars is very similar. The Vette was one of the few American cars in the lot but it drew lots of attention and rave reviews. On the way home my wife asked if I wanted to trade it for the new Panamera? Absolutely Not! The redesigned Panamera is a great looking car but I'm sticking with the Stingray!

A super car!

MarkM, 07/31/2016
Stingray w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Just went over 1000 miles with the new vette. Incredible performance. Engine sound management is first rate. Interior finally lives up to corvette standards. A option I would recommend for the next generation vette would be a blind spot sensor capability. A sports car bargain! Get one!!!

It's a Sports Car !

Jerry, 05/30/2018
Stingray w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

It is an excellent car with it's 8 speed automatic; a lot of fun to drive. When the summer run flat tires wear out in 15,000 miles you can put on a set of all season non run flats. It will be much quieter, smoother riding and have better wet weather traction. You will give up some performance traction. When driven normally it will get surprisingly good mileage up to 33 mpg on the hwy.

Spectacular! Love the C7

Joe F, 08/22/2016
Stingray w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

This is my third Corvette purchase. I had two C5's, a 98 Coupe and 99 Convertible, and I still have the C5 Coupe. The evolution in Corvette styling did not appeal to me at first. However it took a couple of years for the C7 to grow on me, now I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I still love the C5 for the car that it is, and the C7 for the car it became. My only personal drawback (this is obviously a reflection of my age) is the extensive use of electronics on the newer Corvette. Guess that this could be interpreted as: I am flawed, the C7 is perfect. Our technically dependent society says so. :-) [2 years later, still have the same feelings and still enjoy the C7!! For a while, I added the 6th Gen Camaro SS and enjoyed driving both equally. Now at my ripe old age of retirement, I'm daily driving an MB E550 as my daily driver, but, my Corvette is definitely my PLEASURE car. To this date, I've had no issues with this car. Recalls were handled quickly and efficiently. I am quite fastidious regarding routine maintenance and service the car at a minimum twice a year (oil - alignment, etc) and because the car is a 7 speed, this one is a ​keeper! ]

It's another "WARBLER"

Devildog, 10/21/2016
Stingray w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Many owners of 2016 Chevrolet Corvettes (some 2015's) are reporting on various internet sites IE: Corvette Forum. Stingray Forum, that their new Corvettes, primarily base models with automatic transmissions produce a 'WARBLE' type noise at exactly 1500 RPM under light throttle load , as when going up a slight grade. I am one of said owners. Go to these internet sites and look up 'WARBLE' and even view the video / audio of the issue / complaint. Currently I understand that owners are invoking the lemon law process; GM 'supposedly' has taken back vehicle (s). Basically there is no proven correction at this time. I too have contacted GM and like many others, I was given a "case number". It's been awhile; GM has been involved deeply; taken cars back in exchange...under pretense of studying them. However; GM IS REMAINING VERY QUIET about this serious issue. WHY ? Dealing with this corporation; their possibly covert approach to this serious matter will make GM owners uncomfortable...if they care to listen. Meanwhile, my C7 Stingray, auto has had the differential changed; a improvement is noted but the "WARBLE" goes on.................. and on.....................!

A Jet

Ed Schmidt, 02/22/2016
Stingray Z51 w/3LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

This is like a jet cockpit compared to my 2006. At 71 it will take me awhile to learn all of it's tech. options. I have had young, old, male, and female give me the thumbs up. She is white with red and black interior with black wheels. It is not a soft cushion ride. It is a sports car in the true sense. I only have over 13000 miles on her. A funny- stopped for gas and could not find the gas cap release. THERE are none, not even a gas cap. Sitting down and reading the books are important. This is a keeper. My best MPG in a 25 mile section jumped from 34.5 to 36.1. The only complaint I have is radio reception, POOR.

A terrific car, but not perfect: UPDATE 7

drjwr, 01/27/2016
Stingray Z51 w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Now 25,500 miles into a Z51 in Long Beach Red: Still a tremendous value and sports car; a view from someone who long ago raced cars on the amateur level. It's not so much that acceleration, handling, braking, and feel are superb; it's that you feel attached to the car. The styling remains beautiful. The interior is very comfortable. Apple CarPlay works better with iOS 13.4.1: (1) Apple Maps has great UI but mediocre directions — at least Google Maps is now supported; (2) Apple Music plays better. In addition to the electronics, the other problem has been the shifting, which professional journalists complained about and I found true also. Over time, shifting has become much more fluid, although there is still an occasional glitch in the high gears. You can pack quite a lot under the hatch -- at least four suitcases. And, oh, if your state requires a front license plate, my experience has been this: The Chevrolet-supplied holder, even when mounted by a qualified Chevrolet technician, will scratch the front bumper and no Chevrolet dealer, out of the three that I have tried, will take responsibility for the problem. I now have removed the holder and will pay $900 to have the bumper repaired. This car now remains the last, great, American-made, front engine, rear drive, V-8. Hope my kids appreciate it years from now.

🚀 ROCKETJETZ51

Draven, 08/19/2016
Stingray Z51 w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

My Torch Red Corvette Z51 2016 Stingray is a beast. He rides like a space shuttle/jet but very smooth. Modern like a 1st class space ship.

Love My Vette

ReggieZ, 05/07/2018

Great car!

16 Sting in Laguna Blue!

Stephen, 10/16/2018
Stingray w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Purchased the 16 Sting Ray Sept 1, 2016 with 3000 miles. At 5,000 miles, thought there was something wrong with the tires. Since the tires are "summer" did not pay much attention to the matter in the winter months. Spring comes..still the same...had the co-owner of the dealership drive the car. He said it was the transmission (problem 4th & 5th gear-automatic). Mechanic installed a new torque converter. When replacing the converter, he told me the car had a fuel leak. As far as I can tell, the transmission is operating correctly after the repair ($2500..thanks, under warranty). The car has ample power and gas mileage is very good. Visibility on the side is very poor. Lots of compliments , especially on the color. I do like the car...power, styling, gas mileage but wish Corvette offered blind spot monitoring and cross traffic alert. Don't think I would purchase another Vet unless the safety features are installed.

The Only American Sports Car to Shop For

Todd Porter, 05/22/2019
Stingray w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Bought 2016 C7 used, and the first 'vette owned. Amazing car, daily driver, great for buying groceries and then a trip to the local track. Only grip is some cheaper interior plastic bits below knee level and easy to scrape lower door jam thin plastic moldings. But you cannot buy more for your money. My only regret is waiting so long to buy a C7. Trim, drive-ability top notch. Best car I've ever owned. The antithesis to Mr. Roboto self driving cookie-cutter slot cars of the future. The C7 is plain sheer driving fun!

Selectable Economy for Your Power

Warren Mobley, 09/08/2016
Stingray w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Smoke the tires, lay 100 ft. of rubber, run at 160 MPH or just cruise at 80 MPH at 31.1 MPG. This is not your father's Sports Car !!! Traction control works and is advisable normally but if you want to GO switch to Track mode and turn off traction control. Just keep in mind there is nothing reasonable to repair on this car. A clear on ramp will leave you going 100 MPH which is way faster than the traffic you are merging into so brakes if used sparingly are needed. By the way the brakes work great just remember this is a base model so expect pushing it will heat the brakes causing fade and reduced life. Just limit your play time and this car will give good service for a long time. Power is power so 455 HP will go to 650 HP with just addition of a $5000 supercharger but there are reasons why there is a $30000 difference between base and Z06. Thirty percent is GM greed but the other 70% is all need. So don't just jack up the horsepower and think you beat the curve. Mine is Shark Grey Metallic, what a beautiful car !!!

Z51 for life

LesZ51, 08/27/2016
Stingray Z51 w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

This is my 1st corvette and I absolutely love the car. The power is simply amazing! I have an M7 and when I add the active rev match and mash the petal this car moves.... The seats are comfortable and I am surprised how quickly I adjusted to sitting so low to the ground. Once your in the cabin you only notice how low you are when you pull up to a light with an SUV next to you. The sound system is great and the subwoofer makes the Windows rattle. If their was a complaint I would have to say that when the drive mode is set to "E" the steering wheel is rather loose. If you should decide to purchase a vette get ready for the admirers as at one point or another we all were.

Be Cautious with a C7

Disappointed Idaho Corvette Owner, 08/10/2017
Stingray w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

The C7 is a fun car to drive but I must say my C6 had better visibility and more interior room. The quality of my C7 was really marginal which lead to my decision to sell. It was really frustrating that the cooled seats did not work, the start/stop button sometimes worked, sometimes it did not. The windshield was such poor quality that when driving into the sun all I could see where the bubbles in the glass. The memory seats only worked when they were in the mood. The seats are now so small that my 5' 11" 190lb body was always sitting on the bolsters vs actually sitting in the seat. The list goes on and on. Don't get my wrong, the car was fun to drive, lots of power and handles well. It was all the things that did not work and the Chevy Dealer telling me not to bring the car back to him as he could not fix the problems with the car. I expected more from a $70,000 car. I wish I'd have kept my C6!

The Warble

David Houston, 12/03/2016
Stingray Z51 w/3LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I notice the "warble" when it goes from 8 cylinders to 4 cylinders. I think mine might have an issue as it seems to switch between 4 and 8 at times that I think it should not and way too frequently. Mine switches back and forth when there is no change in accelerator position or load, as in going up hill or down hill. The "warble" only lasts a second but it still is noticeable to me. I equate it to the pinging you used to hear from engines running on low octane fuel and accelerating. My car has never had anything in it but premium 93 octane fuel. It is a minor vibration when it happens but is still noticeable by me. I have yet to take it in under warranty as I know some mechanic will drive it for miles trying to replicate my complaint and I only let "special" people drive my Z51 3LT.

Lot's of fun

Robert Schell, 05/14/2017
Stingray Z51 w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

This is the first automatic sports car I have owned, and I've owned many! For work I am always in an automatic van or truck, whose shifting is less then smooth. I was totally impressed by the 8- speed automatic, and honestly don't miss the manual one bit. It shifts faster then I ever could and let's me focus more on the drive. I Now understand why so many sports cars are ditching their manual option. So I agree with others and try both. Otherwise an exceptional ride and turns heads everywhere.

Love it so much I married it

Jeffrey, 08/08/2017
Stingray Z51 w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I've owned both a 2015 and a 2016 model. Both have been exception in quality and pure pleasure to drive. No other car has excited me as much as the Corvette in many years. I would love to see them come out with a hard-top convertible- I think the lines with the rag top convertible are lacking when compared to the coupe- that said, with the top down the convertible is stunning. Will probably never happen- a hard top convertible would add substantial weight to the vehicle.

Lisa’s Baby

Lisa’s Baby, 04/05/2018
Stingray w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I had personally never owned an American made car. Mercedes Benz and BMW’s have been my car of choice for 39 years. I’d never had any thoughts of about a Corvette, until my husband asked my if I’d seen the latest Corvette. I looked at it on-line, and I immediately fell in love with the car. We decided to go to a local dealership and look at the (C7) Corvette. I researched the car, and found great reviews. A few days later I traded my Mercedes and my Z4 BMW and purchased a brand new 2016 Corvette. I have not looked back. This C7 Corvette is a special car. I have the best of both worlds as my husband and I also own a new Mercedes.

That Ghost

GhostVette, 09/18/2018
Stingray w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Lovely white LT2 with hot red interior. Refined quality and a thrill to drive. The car looks hots! As for safety, I would’ve expected Chevy at this day and age to be up on the game with lane departure assistance. The blind spot is horrible and you can easily get in a bind especially in highly flooded traffic areas where people are in a rush. This is absolutely unacceptable for any 2016 to come in such. I love the Bose system and heads up display. Car has a mean rumble. Tires are pricey but HEY......corvette is a lifestyle! They gas mileage is great. I had to return to the dealer because a piece on the front grille popped out and the gas top was stuck and wouldn’t open. It was replaced under warranty. Other than that, its a real beauty. This girl loves her vette. It’s not family friendly so if you need it as a primary car, then don’t waste your money because the value drops quickly in case you would need to trade out!!

What's Missing and is important!

Jack, 10/06/2018
Stingray w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

For a sports car with blindspots the car offers absolutely no safety features re such, as if there were no such features such as blind lane warning and side radar. And no emergency sensing braking either. Also, for the side mirrors, no option to have automatic folding when one puts the car in park. A huge disappointment, a "total blind spot" on Chevy's part yet you see such on cars half the price.

What a sweet heart

ATN , 11/15/2019
Stingray w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Best bang for the buck if you are looking for a v8 sport car. Really low maintenance cost And good on gas. Expect some squeaks and little rattles, nothing major, usually addressed easily.

Fourth daily driver Vette, C4.5.6.7 Crap cupholder

Lee, 12/17/2017
Stingray w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Fourth corvette. Obviously, I am a fan, but the Chevy interior design team or engineers must have been convinced that they did such a great job with the rest of the C7, they could go home early and leave the cup holder to their kids. Frustrating to turn a corner and have coffee spill all over the seats or the driver.

My First Disappointmebnt

Jim H, 10/15/2017
Stingray w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Most fun to drive of any car in my 71 years. Purchased this 2016 brand new. Comfort very surprisingly super. Performance terrific. Problems from day ONE STILL UNRESOLVED. Air conditioner/climate control wildly hot to only cool - never ever cold. Seat cooling works mildly just a few times in the two years we have had it. First year a horribly loud vibration when going up a hill. Selling dealer took it for joy rides and left the suspension at the hardest/racing setting. The cabin cooling and seat cooling still unresolved. Second dealer I went to is trying, but NO results. This car has been in dealers shops perhaps two dozen times for up to three weeks at a time. Gas mileage unbelievably wonderful. Long Beach Red - be prepared for people to follow you to a parking lot to look closer and compliment appearance. I've wanted a Corvette since I saw the very first one in 1953. We're driving the car off the selling dealers lot and Priince's "Give me a Red Corvette" comes on XM - Bridge. People follow us in the freeway in our blind spot just to look for miles then pass and wave. Take all of the remarkably wonderful things about this car that we love, put it against the horrid reliability and amount of time it's been in the shop - is it worth it? Absolutely NOT. This is by far the most disappointing motor vehicle I've had Ever and I've had 13 brand new ones. For the first time in my life, I REGRET BUYING IT......................................... Be prepared for all the crap you will have to learn to tolerate if you buy one. Chevy complaints in the sky? All they did was to tell me to go to other dealers to see if they could fix it......... We have driven this vehicle with love and care and serviced as recommended................................................... Go buy a Mustang instead. 10-16-18: No change. Still terribly disappointed with this car. No one should buy a corvette - their service is horrid and at least two dealers are despicable - Reliable and Casa in Albuquerque. I WILL get a Mustang next time - after this POS corvette depreciates to zero as all of them do. I was treated horribly by those two dealers. Air conditioner still iffy - seat cooling has worked only ONE time very briefly since the first review........................

So far, so good

Otis, 05/02/2016
Stingray Z51 w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

500 miles in and happy so far. After 500 mile oil change (due to Z-51 package) will put the hammer down and try the launch control.

Fun car great performance

Brent Jones, 06/20/2016
Stingray w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Make sure you can handle the fun!!!!!!

review

Barry Ferguson, 07/12/2016

2016 Corvette C7 Z51

Gregory Winokur, 03/05/2018
Stingray Z51 w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Fabulous automobile! Well worth the price. Amazing machine!

51050