Used 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Corvette for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Manual or Auto?

Taxguy, 08/27/2016
Stingray w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I recently traded in my LT1 2015 with 8 speed auto for a 2016 with 7 speed manual. I've always been a manual transmission guy with my sports cars and auto for the family sedans. I bought the automatic believing the paddle shift would simulate the manual experience. After almost two years of driving, I can say that the automatic doesn't deliver the classic sports car "feel." The downshifting is where I mostly notice the difference. The manual transmission Vette is a very different experience. I now feel that I'm really driving the manual Vette, not just putting the car in Drive and aiming it. I do mostly around town driving, so rarely get the car out of fourth gear, so constant shifting is not a hassle. The transmission shifts smoothly once I got used to the stiff clutch and found the correct shift points. So, if you're shopping for a Vette, my advice is to try both transmissions before you buy. FOLLOW UP: Sprang for a 911 since this review. MSRP exactly double the Vette's. And, it is auto--the well engineered "PDK" system by Porsche. This is much closer to a manual than the Vette's, plus the Porsche quality vs Chevrolet build. However, for the money, the Vette is an outstanding value, You won't lose much when it is time to sell a C7 unless you got one loaded with overpriced bells and whistles. Example : Color matching brake calipers for $600. Get real. But the option prices on the 911 are even worse.

Gets Better Every Day!

Will, 05/03/2016
Stingray Z51 w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

After a year my Stingray seems to get better with time. It's a blast to drive and now that winter is over, the open air option of the targa top adds to the delight of having it! My wife and I went to the launch for the new Panamera a couple weeks ago. The valet parked us between a 911GT3 and GT4. Very interesting that the dimensions of the cars is very similar. The Vette was one of the few American cars in the lot but it drew lots of attention and rave reviews. On the way home my wife asked if I wanted to trade it for the new Panamera? Absolutely Not! The redesigned Panamera is a great looking car but I'm sticking with the Stingray!

A super car!

MarkM, 07/31/2016
Stingray w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Just went over 1000 miles with the new vette. Incredible performance. Engine sound management is first rate. Interior finally lives up to corvette standards. A option I would recommend for the next generation vette would be a blind spot sensor capability. A sports car bargain! Get one!!!

It's a Sports Car !

Jerry, 05/30/2018
Stingray w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

It is an excellent car with it's 8 speed automatic; a lot of fun to drive. When the summer run flat tires wear out in 15,000 miles you can put on a set of all season non run flats. It will be much quieter, smoother riding and have better wet weather traction. You will give up some performance traction. When driven normally it will get surprisingly good mileage up to 33 mpg on the hwy.

Spectacular! Love the C7

Joe F, 08/22/2016
Stingray w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

This is my third Corvette purchase. I had two C5's, a 98 Coupe and 99 Convertible, and I still have the C5 Coupe. The evolution in Corvette styling did not appeal to me at first. However it took a couple of years for the C7 to grow on me, now I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I still love the C5 for the car that it is, and the C7 for the car it became. My only personal drawback (this is obviously a reflection of my age) is the extensive use of electronics on the newer Corvette. Guess that this could be interpreted as: I am flawed, the C7 is perfect. Our technically dependent society says so. :-) [2 years later, still have the same feelings and still enjoy the C7!! For a while, I added the 6th Gen Camaro SS and enjoyed driving both equally. Now at my ripe old age of retirement, I'm daily driving an MB E550 as my daily driver, but, my Corvette is definitely my PLEASURE car. To this date, I've had no issues with this car. Recalls were handled quickly and efficiently. I am quite fastidious regarding routine maintenance and service the car at a minimum twice a year (oil - alignment, etc) and because the car is a 7 speed, this one is a ​keeper! ]

It's another "WARBLER"

Devildog, 10/21/2016
Stingray w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Many owners of 2016 Chevrolet Corvettes (some 2015's) are reporting on various internet sites IE: Corvette Forum. Stingray Forum, that their new Corvettes, primarily base models with automatic transmissions produce a 'WARBLE' type noise at exactly 1500 RPM under light throttle load , as when going up a slight grade. I am one of said owners. Go to these internet sites and look up 'WARBLE' and even view the video / audio of the issue / complaint. Currently I understand that owners are invoking the lemon law process; GM 'supposedly' has taken back vehicle (s). Basically there is no proven correction at this time. I too have contacted GM and like many others, I was given a "case number". It's been awhile; GM has been involved deeply; taken cars back in exchange...under pretense of studying them. However; GM IS REMAINING VERY QUIET about this serious issue. WHY ? Dealing with this corporation; their possibly covert approach to this serious matter will make GM owners uncomfortable...if they care to listen. Meanwhile, my C7 Stingray, auto has had the differential changed; a improvement is noted but the "WARBLE" goes on.................. and on.....................!

A Jet

Ed Schmidt, 02/22/2016
Stingray Z51 w/3LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

This is like a jet cockpit compared to my 2006. At 71 it will take me awhile to learn all of it's tech. options. I have had young, old, male, and female give me the thumbs up. She is white with red and black interior with black wheels. It is not a soft cushion ride. It is a sports car in the true sense. I only have over 13000 miles on her. A funny- stopped for gas and could not find the gas cap release. THERE are none, not even a gas cap. Sitting down and reading the books are important. This is a keeper. My best MPG in a 25 mile section jumped from 34.5 to 36.1. The only complaint I have is radio reception, POOR.

A terrific car, but not perfect: UPDATE 7

drjwr, 01/27/2016
Stingray Z51 w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Now 25,500 miles into a Z51 in Long Beach Red: Still a tremendous value and sports car; a view from someone who long ago raced cars on the amateur level. It's not so much that acceleration, handling, braking, and feel are superb; it's that you feel attached to the car. The styling remains beautiful. The interior is very comfortable. Apple CarPlay works better with iOS 13.4.1: (1) Apple Maps has great UI but mediocre directions — at least Google Maps is now supported; (2) Apple Music plays better. In addition to the electronics, the other problem has been the shifting, which professional journalists complained about and I found true also. Over time, shifting has become much more fluid, although there is still an occasional glitch in the high gears. You can pack quite a lot under the hatch -- at least four suitcases. And, oh, if your state requires a front license plate, my experience has been this: The Chevrolet-supplied holder, even when mounted by a qualified Chevrolet technician, will scratch the front bumper and no Chevrolet dealer, out of the three that I have tried, will take responsibility for the problem. I now have removed the holder and will pay $900 to have the bumper repaired. This car now remains the last, great, American-made, front engine, rear drive, V-8. Hope my kids appreciate it years from now.

🚀 ROCKETJETZ51

Draven, 08/19/2016
Stingray Z51 w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

My Torch Red Corvette Z51 2016 Stingray is a beast. He rides like a space shuttle/jet but very smooth. Modern like a 1st class space ship.

Love My Vette