2017 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Not the best, disappointment in this truck.
By Jamie

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Chevy Colorado brand new on April of 2017. It’s only been just over my first year and had it in the shop twice. First time a hose busted on passenger side front floor board was flooded from the damage. At that time had it for about 5 months and now for the past two months I have been having issues with the shifting of gears which I have an automatic. Also there is a fuddling in the gas peddle like it’s struggling to get the fuel or the timing on shifting is off. Have to set another appointment for truck to be looked at again. Not to thrilled to know that this vehicle was brand new and the price on these trucks are not cheep vehicles but to know that I have had this many issues in first year I am not that impressed with the overall performance. If I knew what I know now I would of never bought the Chevy Colorado. I also would have done more research.

IS CHEVY NOW MADE IN CHINA?????
By VERY DISSATISFIED CHEVY COLORADO OWNER

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Leased a 2017 Chevy Colorado Extended Cab Long Bed 2WD when it had only 13 miles on it (can't get any newer than that!). I switched from a 2006 Honda Ridgeline and WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS!!!! My Honda Ridgeline, although it did not have true 4WD (4WD was only useable to get out of a sticking situation and did not work above 18 miles per hour), the Honda FAR SURPASSED this brand new Chevy Colorado in many ways! The Chevy Colorado (being a 2WD 4cyl) has basically ZERO "get up & go", you step on the gas pedal and the engine revs to 5,000 rpms but you hardly move an inch! The extended cab doors are the MOST INCONVENIENT doors I have ever come across. The front seat seatbelts are attached to the back doors, so the back doors can't be opened if there are people in the front seats! The quality of the truck is extremely poor! The interior is made of all cheap plastic (I would swear that Chevy is using parts form China in their cheaper vehicles). You have to be extremely gentle with every touch of a button, to not break something! The Bluetooth...................OMG it's crap!!! If you use the Bluetooth to make phone calls, be prepared to hear a very loud, ear piercing buzz (like the horn on a commercial dump truck) for the 1st 10 - 15 seconds of every call. You literally need to make a call and then wait 15 seconds before saying "Can you hear me now?". There are so many better made/better quality trucks out there ......................... don't waste your time on a Chevy Colorado!!!! Even the 4WD version is garbage and DEFINITELY NOT WORTH the $38,000 - $45,000 price tag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reliable, looks great.
By george

good quality veh. 3.6l eng. is great. trans tend to shift hard sometimes. 8speed trans.

great vehicle
By Larry

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab ZR2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I didn't request any comfort frills. The truck does exactly what I want - extremely stable, go-anywhere vehicle.

Big truck in a little body!
By Tom Douglas

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab ZR2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I’ve owned this truck for six months it has out performed my Silverado , any many ways such as handling , gas economy, electronic technology and many other qualities. Overall this is my perfect truck!