2017 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Another lemon
By rock

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab ZR2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought new and at 6k miles started to buck and shutter. Torque converter out of spec and replaced. After 3k after fix did same thing. Dealer said in spec and replace trans filter and fluid. 90% better but after 1k started to buck and shutter and dealer representative told dealer only replace fluid and characteristic on Colorado but also know they a problem but no fix. . Well I have driven a lot of new trucks and never had one be so bad and GM not honor there warranty. Shame on them.

6sp automatics have been around too long for this
By Adam Beede- San Antonio TX

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I drive a 2017 4cylinder 6 sp automatic. I test drove the Tacoma, should have waited for the Ford Ranger. Overall the size and performance of the truck is as expected, nothing stellar, but gets the job done. I've kept up my end of the maintenance deal, changing oil, rotating tires, doing the 10k, 15k and 20k schedule etc. 25k miles down the road the transmission started to shift harshly, while accelerating from 35mph to keep up with traffic. I noticed that if I eased the accelerator that it would accelerate more normally, check engine light never went on, no reports of issues; but, at 26k miles the check engine light came on and the truck wouldn't shift into 5th or 6th gear. I was going down a fairly steep hill in the Texas Hill country, I wasn't using the accelerator at all; but the truck would not shift into 5th or 6th, and the tack read 4,500 rpm. I threw the hazards on and limped to the dealership 2 miles away. They are now telling me that the transmission needs to be torn down and the input shaft needs to be replaced-- they hope. I've driven Hyundai Sonatas (2 of them) from 2009-2017, and I lost a total of 3 days down time due to maintenance issues. 8 years and 300k miles, 3 days. 15 months, 26k miles, and at least a week. The tech at the dealership in Kerrville TX (pop. 27k) that he hadn't seen this issue, but another tech at the shop had. There is no chatter online about it, from what I've read, but there are a lot of posts about problems with the 6cyl, 8sp configuration. I will never buy a Chevy again, if they can't get the workhorse small truck segment right, then what are they in business for?

Not the best, disappointment in this truck.
By Jamie

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Chevy Colorado brand new on April of 2017. It’s only been just over my first year and had it in the shop twice. First time a hose busted on passenger side front floor board was flooded from the damage. At that time had it for about 5 months and now for the past two months I have been having issues with the shifting of gears which I have an automatic. Also there is a fuddling in the gas peddle like it’s struggling to get the fuel or the timing on shifting is off. Have to set another appointment for truck to be looked at again. Not to thrilled to know that this vehicle was brand new and the price on these trucks are not cheep vehicles but to know that I have had this many issues in first year I am not that impressed with the overall performance. If I knew what I know now I would of never bought the Chevy Colorado. I also would have done more research.

IS CHEVY NOW MADE IN CHINA?????
By VERY DISSATISFIED CHEVY COLORADO OWNER

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Leased a 2017 Chevy Colorado Extended Cab Long Bed 2WD when it had only 13 miles on it (can't get any newer than that!). I switched from a 2006 Honda Ridgeline and WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS!!!! My Honda Ridgeline, although it did not have true 4WD (4WD was only useable to get out of a sticking situation and did not work above 18 miles per hour), the Honda FAR SURPASSED this brand new Chevy Colorado in many ways! The Chevy Colorado (being a 2WD 4cyl) has basically ZERO "get up & go", you step on the gas pedal and the engine revs to 5,000 rpms but you hardly move an inch! The extended cab doors are the MOST INCONVENIENT doors I have ever come across. The front seat seatbelts are attached to the back doors, so the back doors can't be opened if there are people in the front seats! The quality of the truck is extremely poor! The interior is made of all cheap plastic (I would swear that Chevy is using parts form China in their cheaper vehicles). You have to be extremely gentle with every touch of a button, to not break something! The Bluetooth...................OMG it's crap!!! If you use the Bluetooth to make phone calls, be prepared to hear a very loud, ear piercing buzz (like the horn on a commercial dump truck) for the 1st 10 - 15 seconds of every call. You literally need to make a call and then wait 15 seconds before saying "Can you hear me now?". There are so many better made/better quality trucks out there ......................... don't waste your time on a Chevy Colorado!!!! Even the 4WD version is garbage and DEFINITELY NOT WORTH the $38,000 - $45,000 price tag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reliable, looks great.
By george

good quality veh. 3.6l eng. is great. trans tend to shift hard sometimes. 8speed trans.