Used 2017 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Colorado for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Oil problems

Cannnnd, 01/14/2020
ZR2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought this truck brand new. I have had the oil hoses explode 4 times. It's a manufacturer defect. Not sure why the “experts” are not talking about it.

Another lemon

rock, 11/06/2018
ZR2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought new and at 6k miles started to buck and shutter. Torque converter out of spec and replaced. After 3k after fix did same thing. Dealer said in spec and replace trans filter and fluid. 90% better but after 1k started to buck and shutter and dealer representative told dealer only replace fluid and characteristic on Colorado but also know they a problem but no fix. . Well I have driven a lot of new trucks and never had one be so bad and GM not honor there warranty. Shame on them.

I really like this truck. Still do!

Jim Dodge, 10/19/2017
Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 2017 Colorado extended cab WT, 4wd V6 engine automatic, from my local Chevy dealer in Western Massachusetts. Traded in a 2007 GMC Canyon that I liked and was very reliable and am amazed how many improvements General Motors has made in 10 years. Fit and finish on this new truck is top notch. I am 6'2" and find entry easy and driving comfortable. I really like the computer calculations that make me drive with gas economy in mind and so easily average 25 MPG. This is a really great truck! After one year and 15,000 miles I still like my Colorado. One problem however, the tourque converter had to be replaced and it was handled by Chevy to my satisfaction.

Transmission

bobbyo, 10/24/2019
Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Intermittent problem that the dealer cannot figure out, I'm worried it's going to break down after the warranty runs out

Buyer Beware

Bill W, 02/14/2020
Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I leased a 2017 Colorado with an 8 speed AT, 4WD, 3.6L. At 5,000 and 21,000 miles I had to bring it in for the transmission shudder problem. I'm glad I just leased it. Transmissions are a problem with all rear wheel drive GMs.