Used 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Colorado for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

First New Chevy

fozcat, 12/31/2014
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Review updated 12/31/16 This truck replaced a Nissan Frontier. I don't need a full size truck, so sadly my alma matter, Ford, was out as they killed off the Ranger 3 years ago. I have had the truck a week and like it. We drove a 700 mile trip through the mountains and averaged 23.5 mpg going 70 mph with 4 people and bed full. The Nissan on the same trip averaged 19.3 mpg. Truck is very quiet and comfortable. The fit and finish inside and out are first rate. I have not used the 4X4 or towed yet, but with 7000 lbs capacity it should do well. Overall, after a week and 1000 miles, I would recommend it. I was going to wait on the diesel, but after comparing potential costs vs. return, the gas V-6 was the better buy. Update 12/31/2016 The bad - I have owned this truck 2 years now and 27K miles, and sadly it has not been reliable and I just can't recommend the Colorado. It has been in a Chevy dealer for warranty repairs for over 35 days of the 2 years of ownership. Problems include, OnStar Module, 4WD electronic transfer case replaced twice, hood vibrating at highway speeds replaced twice and still has minor vibration, poor paint quality on roof, engine spark knocking under light load, transmission has higher pitched hum at 50-60 mph and hard shifting under light load, heater completely went out, A/C went out twice, ignition had to be replaced do the key getting so hot you could not touch it, brakes squeaking when cold, and the most annoying, a clicking sound in the steering column that GM engineering has yet to come up with a fix for that is related to the airbag, not to mention multiple recalls. The bright spot has been the dealer support, Autosport Chevrolet in Hackettstown NJ. They have been very helpful through all these problems and kept in contact with GM engineering to resolve most of the issues and I can't say enough good things about them! The good - The reasons I purchased the truck have led me to want to try and keep it with the hopes that before the warranty period ends the issues will be resolved. It gets great mileage for a gas truck (been averaging 22.5 combined city/highway), its very comfortable, roomy and quiet. The infortainment and navigation are first rate. So if you decide to purchase a Colorado my recommendation is to buy the GM extended warranty. There are a lot of Colorado's on the road now and mine was one of the first ones produced, and the build quality was just not adequate, others have had good experiences with later production trucks.

Great Truck - better than I expected

Justin Tate, 07/20/2015
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Lest start with this - Mine is a Z71 with 275 70 R17 Cooper AT3 tires, a 2 & 1 lift/level kit. I test drove 2 of these set up that way (The way a truck should sit with real rubber). Other than that the typical stuff on a loaded Z71. Very clean and refined buggy, A few little tweaks would be great in the future. It rides and handles like a truck should - after the mods. Much better than the Silverado and it looks good. Comfort is great, Mileage is real world and very good - Absolutely love it. LIKES: Mileage, Power, Comfort DISLIKES: Tranny seems to search at times, No Heated Mirrors, No Electric Sliding Rear Window

Great mid-size

Justin Kay, 12/12/2015
Z71 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The other reviews I have read are nowhere near my experience. I have owned this truck for a year and I absolutely love it. The fuel economy is tremendous and the overall value of the truck has been terrific. The MyLink is a little wonky at times, but the overall driving experience of the truck far surpasses that of the 2012 Silverado that I owned before this truck.

Ok.... But just ok not worth the 36 K I paid!

Pascal Walker, 09/25/2015
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This was my dream truck I waited for a long time and saved and worked and saved and finally after I found it at my local dealership with everything I wanted I finally got to take it home and I've just been mildly impressesd all the electronics extras cost extra. Now my $500 a month truck payment is $600 a month. Ive taken it to the dealership 5 times in 4 months. Ill be honest my last car was a used BMW 325i. Maybe Im new to the truck market and this is to be expected. My buddy who has the Top of the Line Ford F150 Platinum 4 x4 says my truck is awesome but Ive had so many problems and for a 4 month old truck Im wondering how the hell is this thing going to make it 60 months????? My seats are ripping after 4k miles on a Z71. I would have take leather for what I'm paying. The rear end clicks when I push the gas pedal at a stand still.... answer from chevy "oh thats normal there needs to be play in the rear end" really because the 3 other late model El Camino's Ive owned never had play in the rear end! They were built 20 years ago!! I'm still a proud Chevy owner but I'm just pissed that the brand has fallen so far. Do I need to buy the Silverado Z71 that doesn't look off road worthy at all? Am I crazy The Z71 Silverado doesn't look like it could handle any sort of off road conditions. Don't even get me started about the wind damn in the front of the truck. Ive almost ripped that thing off on curbs. You want me to get this thing stuck Ill come back missing half the damn plastic just from my normal hiking spot. I asked the dealership hey can you take that off? His reply was " Oh you wanted to take this truck off road"? Well it might void your warranty? Really? Because the whole reason I bought this damn truck was to get to the trailheads I couldn't get to with my damn foreign car! Im Legitimately concerned about my truck making it to the 60 month mark. Thats not what american cars, especially trucks are built on and I feel cheated. This might be my reality, but Ill tell you this I didn't work [non-permissible content removed] to cheated for some hard earned steal and muscle that I feel I deserve.

Expensive but Worth it and has aged well

John Adams, 08/04/2016
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

For those who need a pickup truck option, the Colorado is a great compromise size- wise for those who want to be able to park it in their garage, and still be able to haul a lot of stuff. The Z 71 option has everything but cooled front seats, a garage door control, auto folding rear view mirrors to make the option list complete. Drives easily and smoothly with v 6 option. Brakes solid. Interior space functional for carrying stuff inside, and back seat roomy enough for adults when needed. Not sure the folding of back seats is best arrangement, but does provide considerable inside space and it is flat. A bit pricey compared to full size alternatives, but delivers functionality of a full size with greater driving ease particularly in parking lot. Combination of city and highway driving produces in excess of 23 mpg. Only routine maintenance needed in 3 years and 38,000 miles of driving. Continues to impress with age. If you want a truck's towing/hauling capability together with driving comfort, you would be hard pressed to find a better combination among the mid-size offerings.

12345...8