Used 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Colorado for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

First New Chevy

fozcat, 12/31/2014
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Review updated 12/31/16 This truck replaced a Nissan Frontier. I don't need a full size truck, so sadly my alma matter, Ford, was out as they killed off the Ranger 3 years ago. I have had the truck a week and like it. We drove a 700 mile trip through the mountains and averaged 23.5 mpg going 70 mph with 4 people and bed full. The Nissan on the same trip averaged 19.3 mpg. Truck is very quiet and comfortable. The fit and finish inside and out are first rate. I have not used the 4X4 or towed yet, but with 7000 lbs capacity it should do well. Overall, after a week and 1000 miles, I would recommend it. I was going to wait on the diesel, but after comparing potential costs vs. return, the gas V-6 was the better buy. Update 12/31/2016 The bad - I have owned this truck 2 years now and 27K miles, and sadly it has not been reliable and I just can't recommend the Colorado. It has been in a Chevy dealer for warranty repairs for over 35 days of the 2 years of ownership. Problems include, OnStar Module, 4WD electronic transfer case replaced twice, hood vibrating at highway speeds replaced twice and still has minor vibration, poor paint quality on roof, engine spark knocking under light load, transmission has higher pitched hum at 50-60 mph and hard shifting under light load, heater completely went out, A/C went out twice, ignition had to be replaced do the key getting so hot you could not touch it, brakes squeaking when cold, and the most annoying, a clicking sound in the steering column that GM engineering has yet to come up with a fix for that is related to the airbag, not to mention multiple recalls. The bright spot has been the dealer support, Autosport Chevrolet in Hackettstown NJ. They have been very helpful through all these problems and kept in contact with GM engineering to resolve most of the issues and I can't say enough good things about them! The good - The reasons I purchased the truck have led me to want to try and keep it with the hopes that before the warranty period ends the issues will be resolved. It gets great mileage for a gas truck (been averaging 22.5 combined city/highway), its very comfortable, roomy and quiet. The infortainment and navigation are first rate. So if you decide to purchase a Colorado my recommendation is to buy the GM extended warranty. There are a lot of Colorado's on the road now and mine was one of the first ones produced, and the build quality was just not adequate, others have had good experiences with later production trucks.

Great Truck - better than I expected

Justin Tate, 07/20/2015
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Lest start with this - Mine is a Z71 with 275 70 R17 Cooper AT3 tires, a 2 & 1 lift/level kit. I test drove 2 of these set up that way (The way a truck should sit with real rubber). Other than that the typical stuff on a loaded Z71. Very clean and refined buggy, A few little tweaks would be great in the future. It rides and handles like a truck should - after the mods. Much better than the Silverado and it looks good. Comfort is great, Mileage is real world and very good - Absolutely love it. LIKES: Mileage, Power, Comfort DISLIKES: Tranny seems to search at times, No Heated Mirrors, No Electric Sliding Rear Window

Great mid-size

Justin Kay, 12/12/2015
Z71 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The other reviews I have read are nowhere near my experience. I have owned this truck for a year and I absolutely love it. The fuel economy is tremendous and the overall value of the truck has been terrific. The MyLink is a little wonky at times, but the overall driving experience of the truck far surpasses that of the 2012 Silverado that I owned before this truck.

One of the WORST vehicles I ever owned

Joe, 04/28/2016
LT 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

As I write this, the truck is back in the repair shop AGAIN. Problem with the air conditioner freezing up...and in Georgia, the AC is a MUST. Have had the truck for 8 months. AC froze up last year and they replaced parts and thought it was repaired. But, this season we are back to the same problems as last year. We are also experiencing the same problems as others with the vehicle shuddering as you try to accelerate while already moving. Of course this is after you press down on the accelerator and nothing happens...until it downshifts and throws you back in your seat. Really not impressed with the gas mileage either. Small truck with 6 cyl should do better. Thought about trading it in on a full sized truck...Best offer is $6,000 less than we paid. If you really want a small truck, the interior and features are nice...but if you want performance GO BIG. We are extremely unhappy with the reliability of this vehicle.......UPDATE: We dumped this vehicle. Totally UNRELIABLE.

Waited a long time - Awesome Truck!!!

Brad Heath, 11/02/2015
LT 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I researched this truck for months before seeing in person and test driving. I didn't want a full-size due to my urban lifestyle but wanted the benefits of having a truck for towing/hauling when the time comes. The truck is amazing, no complaints at all. The engine, drive-train, mileage, ride, technology...etc all speaks for it self. I'm 6'3 (200 lbs) and I can fit in the truck easily with great comfort. I constantly receive compliments about her, she's a real GM gem.

12345...8