Used 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Cobalt for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

Love it

sgemrald5, 05/16/2010
LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have never owned an american made car before this one. I love this thing! it rides great, so quiet, has given me up to the 50's in mpg on highway. displays everything on a screen that i would ever want to know. I got it with 32,000 miles on it and haven't had any problems. It's a breeze. Fun to drive, reliable, great on gas. highly suggest it for the commuting college student or worker, its great.

Great reliability, fun to drive

John Delmonte, 02/08/2017
LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Cobalt is a winner if you are looking for reliability and low maintenance cost. It runs very quiet and his extremely dependable. The interior back seat is a little small but the room up front good. Large trunk and easy access to the engine compartment make it easy to work on. Very impressed with the overall reliability, low cost of maintenance, low cost for repairs, 20-25 mpg. A basic car with five star value.

awesome when it starts

goin2bluoval, 08/10/2011
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 cobalt sport sedan looks great...I get 37 to 52 mpg inst...this car has a ignition problem that GM ignores. Summer days are worse for this car, you can turn the key constantly, over an over or leave it until the steering column cools off, then it will start...thus, this is not a family car. Its only for going staight to work and back. Do not buy a cobalt. Auto trans.

Miss my Kobe

ubbenunited, 01/20/2012
LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought an '08 Cobalt (2.2, 4A) in Sept. '09 as my first car (40k miles). LT package and badging, but much nicer than what the LT lists. I got heated leather seats, premium sound, sunroof, spoiler, foglamps, the whole deal. Put 12k-ish miles on it before it got totaled by a hit-and-run while parked in front of my house (got 11,400 for it and put that down on an '08 Malibu LTZ). The brakes were starting to go at 50k (vibration under hard braking from highway speed), but it got wrecked before I had to have them done. I didn't think anything bad of the interior (nothing to compare it to), but it was a solid car and got me where I needed to go while still having fun. Not flashy, but reliable.

She’s still going strong

Karen, 05/09/2019
LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2008 CobLg in 2010 it had 55k miles on it. I drive all day for my job doing home visits throughout a Northern Michigan county. Harsh winters. The only money I spent on this car was on regular oil changes a tune up, brakes & new set of tires every 4 years. Normal maintenance.had to have some work done under the car after hitting a pot hole in 2914 and replaced a seat bar in 2018. The harsh winters did create quite of exterior rust under driver’s side doors. This car ran great every day. Still does after putting 161,400 miles on it since I purchased it, Affordable & reliable car for the all of her 11 years she’s been a daily driver.

12345...12